Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Rob Hennigan: Executive of the Year?

Pretty straight forward discussion. In an alternative universe, where GM's don't win just based on biggest turnaround or most team wins, does Rob win or atleast in contention for Exec of the year?

I'd think he and Morey would be going head to head this year. To think of all he's accomplished though, as a FIRST year GM, who had to make HUGE decisions on the fly, and clean up the mess Otis left?

Let us discuss.

• Upvote 1

I just posted something similar in the "Most Impressive..." thread

The way he dealt Dwight and Redick was genius.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he planted drugs on Hedo's drink to keep him away from the team

HENNY FOR PRESIDENT

• Upvote 1

If we were in playoff position then absolutely... I think the initial moves turned out to be genius, considering everything that has taken place so far. It was unfortunate that we had some injuries because im sure that played a factor in our later moves, which also have been genius. For Rob's first two major moves (offseason and Trade deadline) we secure some great positional players, that has already made history ( first two players to score 30pts, 15+reb and 5+ast) Harris and Nikola.

Thats not even including the multiple draft picks that we now own for the future, weather that is for a draft game changer or a All Star FA.

Honestly no one could of predicted these type of results with what we had to work with... a stuck up Diva and alot of bad contracts. Now we have a solid young core with a couple of needs to fill before we can think about making a playoff run.

Rob has made the moves that shed about 2yrs of rebuilding off the books.

I do not know if he would beat out Morey who basically fleeced a Top 10 NBA player for basically nothing. However the nucleus he has been able to build has been tremendous so far. Now it is up to him to surround those guys with other pieces. I am looking forward to the next couple of rebuilding years to see where the franchise goes. At least for now we have good direction and scouting.

He has done an amazing job cleaning up the mess Otis left for him but I still want another year to see how this draft goes and if the talent he brought in can start putting up some wins instead of looking good in close losses.

That being said you can probably pre stencil his name on the Exec of the Year for the 2014-15 season when all these moves should really pay dividends.

He has done an amazing job cleaning up the mess Otis left for him but I still want another year to see how this draft goes and if the talent he brought in can start putting up some wins instead of looking good in close losses.

That being said you can probably pre stencil his name on the Exec of the Year for the 2014-15 season when all these moves should really pay dividends.

Agreed. Most of the decisions are unfortunately based on win totals. However, should we have a quick turnaround this year or 2 years from now, he will easily be in high contention for the award, especially in light of the Lakers no doubtedly beginning to plummet from the rankings with Kobe's retirement and no one else wanting to play with Dwight.

I can't see them giving it to a guy whose team is 20-59. He's done a great job so far, but the media won't show him the love. Maybe if we end up having a productive season next year.

I guess some of you missed the part where I addressed the alt universe/wins don't matter part.

Even in that alt universe where the Rockets miss the playoffs. Morey basically traded picks and fodder for James Harden who you could argue is the best shooting guard in the NBA this year. Henny has done a tremendous job acquiring talent but Morey has gotten more.

Yep. Boils down to numbers and with only 20 wins, no way he's even considered for the award. That being said, I definitely see one in the near future for Mr.Henny.