Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD...Jazz vs Magic...We Win 101-90

I hope as a fan they kick the absolute living daylights out of us. I don't even want it to look like we turned up.

Game Preview;

By JON PALMIERI, STATS Senior Writer

The playoffs are slipping away from the Orlando Magic. Losing to a last-place team is no way to correct that.

Orlando looks to rebound from arguably its most disappointing defeat of the season when it hosts the Northwest Division-leading Utah Jazz on Wednesday night.

Already on the outside of the Eastern Conference playoff picture, the Magic (29-36) didn't help themselves Monday night with a 119-108 loss at last-place Charlotte.

With its third straight defeat and 10th in 12 games, Orlando dropped one game behind Indiana and New York for the eighth and final playoff spot.

"The Bobcats played like they were the team fighting for the playoffs," Orlando's Grant Hill said. "We looked like the team that was out of it."

Dwight Howard had 26 points and 11 rebounds, but 13 of his points came in the fourth quarter when the game was already decided. Hedo Turkoglu added 23 points for the Magic, who were unable to take advantage of a Charlotte team missing leading rebounder and shot blocker Emeka Okafor.

Despite recording his 46th double-double - eight behind league leader Kevin Garnett of Minnesota - Howard wasn't much of a factor on the defensive end, as Primoz Brezec had his highest scoring game in nearly three months with 17 points on 8-of-13 shooting.

"They had the hot hand, but we still had a lot of plays on the defensive side where we didn't step up, or rotate, or communicate with each other," Howard said. "We've just got to play. We've got to play with confidence, I think that's the biggest thing. We have to do that in order to win games and make the playoffs."

After a strong finish in 2005-06 and a 13-4 start this season, the Magic appeared to be an emerging power in the East. Since then, however, they are just 16-32 and in danger of missing the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season.

Utah (43-20) appeared headed for a seventh straight win Tuesday at Miami with a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter, but missed 11 of its 14 shots in the period en route to an 88-86 loss.

"We choked, plain and simple," Jazz guard Deron Williams said. "We played good, aggressive basketball, but then we break down and don't do a good job in the fourth quarter. They outplayed us and outhustled us."

Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds, while Mehmet Okur added 19 and 10 for the Jazz, who had won 14 of 16 before faltering late Tuesday.

Okur's two 3-pointers Tuesday gave him 109 for the season, surpassing Bryon Russell's franchise record of 108 set in 1996-97.

The Magic have won five of the last six meetings with the Jazz, including an 88-75 road victory on Nov. 27. Utah has lost three straight at Orlando since a 111-108 win on March 12, 2003.

Team Comparison

Team Record Standings PF PA Road/Home Streak L10

Utah 43-20 1st Northwest / 4th West 102.4 98.0 Road 18-13 Lost 1 8-2

Orlando 29-36 3rd Southeast / 10th East 93.9 94.6 Home 19-13 Lost 3 2-8

Utah Notes

Mar 13 All-Star C Mehmet Okur's two 3-pointers on Tuesday to pass Byron Russell (1996-97) for the single-season record with 110 made. Okur hit the record-setting 3-pointer with 1:28 left. ... The Jazz have dropped seven straight against the Heat, with their last win in the series coming on January 15, 2004. ... Utah fell to 14-1 when leading after three quarters on the road.

Orlando Notes

Mar 13 The Magic have lost five straight on the road, just one shy of the season-high. ... C Dwight Howard recorded his fourth double-double in the last five games and has 46 double-doubles on the season. ... F Hedo Turkoglu scored 23 points, nearly double his season average of 12.3. He had scored 12 points combined in his last two games. ... Orlando has lost 22 of 29 games .. The Magic are 1-5 all-time against the Bobcats in Charlotte.

st 03-13-07 3:15 et

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2007031419

I dont want any false hope,just loose the rest of the season. Atleast if anyone had a clue they would bench the players that havent done s h i t all season,and play the players that havent played much all season,but that would just be the smart thing to do,and there is nobody smart coaching this team.

I guarantee that our team comes out serious with a mindset that they want to play their best. I just don't think that we're capable of playing our best against the Jazz.

I'll throw bricks at my TV if Dwight and Jameer start smiling as the game gets away from them in the 3rd quarter.

Utah 104, Orlando 93

I see it like this, We will play a good game and maybe win, then blow it our a@@es against lower teams.

We play to our competitions level, thats the only thing we have been consistent on all year.

I HOPE that we can win. Were playing a great team. I think we could get blown away, but if we actually put forth effort, we might win.

There's no chance in hell we win this game. I've been saying this for over a month now. We will finish 36-46 for the third straight season. AT this point we'd be lucky to get to 36...

Color me skeptical about this game. I will be interested to see after the Charlotte debacle how they come out in the beginning. When they are intense and focused it seems they can compete with anyone in the league.

Wasn't this guy an original Magic Killer if I can recall??karl_malone01.jpg

Magic by 21, we will go 13-4 to finish the season and beat Cleveland in 6 games of what will be a very hard fought series by both teams..........

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Magic by 21, we will go 13-4 to finish the season and beat Cleveland in 6 games of what will be a very hard fought series by both teams..........

Rich, you are the kind of guy this team needs as fan,coach and player inorder to be able to win! I am so frustrated that if I have nothing good to comment about the team, I prefer to shut up. You all must be thankful!