Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

More Darko news from MC

quote:

MagicConfid 3:27 pm

To: ALL

More Darko news. The truth may finally come out as to why the Magic pulled the qualifying offer from Darko. As it was laid out to me, the Magic were very worried about how Darko

quote:

MagicConfid 3:27 pm

To: ALL

More Darko news. The truth may finally come out as to why the Magic pulled the qualifying offer from Darko. As it was laid out to me, the Magic were very worried about how Darko

quote:
The truth is the Magic have several deals on the table that will allow them to free up enough cash and give Darko a deal for what they think he is worth. Which would equate to roughly $8 annual average over a 5 year deal.

This is where the problem lies. After all this,Darko will not want to sign for a prolongued deal even if he gets less for a year, then he can becomes a bonafide free agent next year. This will be convenient for him and the magic for he will have to performa at his best to get a new deal in the market next year. The negative part if we want to keep him it will cost us more then.

More smoke and mirrors from MC. No doubt some will lap it up but you don't pull a QO because an agent is asking too much money. We pulled this three days into free agency. You let the agent see there is no market at 10 million then if he doesn't budge by next week you can rescind. The pull was to make sure we could sign Rashard even if we couldn't get any other moves done.

Second I call it bogus to claim that an agent is going to risk his commission and his client just to get back at Otis. Sure he was making a play for as much money. Thats what agents do but to claim he was going to string out the Magic until alot of teams which could bid would be already committed elsewhere seems highly suspect.

At any rate not liking the agent or the offer or the amount he's asking doesn't mean you can't call and have to break the rescinding by email.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
The truth is the Magic have several deals on the table that will allow them to free up enough cash and give Darko a deal for what they think he is worth. Which would equate to roughly $8 annual average over a 5 year deal.

This is where the problem lies. After all this,Darko will not want to sign for a prolongued deal even if he gets less for a year, then he can becomes a bonafide free agent next year. This will be convenient for him and the magic for he will have to performa at his best to get a new deal in the market next year. The negative part if we want to keep him it will cost us more then.

But thing is that right now HE IS a free agent. Unrestricted. He could go wherever he wants and get paid however much he can get from e team. His value right now is not 10 mill a year. I don't think, but looking at other contracts, he might be worth that much. I doubt any team will give him that much.

If we can find a way to offer him 8 to start, I think he would sign.

quote:

I'm thinking @ 8 mil per year, we could go after Mikki Moore AND/OR possibly Pietrus, instead of giving that kind of money to Darko.

His agent is costing dearly!

If you all look at my location, you'll see I'm working hard over here. I am that guy that is trying to talk to Darko!

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

But thing is that right now HE IS a free agent. Unrestricted. He could go wherever he wants and get paid however much he can get from e team. His value right now is not 10 mill a year. I don't think, but looking at other contracts, he might be worth that much. I doubt any team will give him that much.

If we can find a way to offer him 8 to start, I think he would sign.

Dav... we have not renounced him yet. Because we withdrew our qualifying offer we did make him an unrestricted free agent. But we still have a few of the bird rights on him. Reason being is that his contract still is on our books for almost 7 million... however becasue of that that still leaves us just enough room to sign Rashard outright at the 2.5 million MC stated was on the contract.

If we RENOUNCE HIM then his 7 mill contract is not even on our salary cap.

I don't know if Darko's agent was really trying to sabotage the Lewis signing. If he was, he is going to have a hard time dealing with GM's in this league. If Cornstein was going to accept the qualifying offer at the last moment (it is MC so we will probably never know for sure) then its clear he was deliberately sabotaging the Magic's plan. If that's true then its obvious the Magic had to do what they did.

quote:
Originally posted by RodMC:

quote:

I'm thinking @ 8 mil per year, we could go after Mikki Moore AND/OR possibly Pietrus, instead of giving that kind of money to Darko.

I'll pay Darko 8 mil before I spenda nickel on Mikki Moore.