Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

Among the players who the Magic and Banchero have caught the eye of is Los Angeles Clippers forward Paul George. On his podcast, "Podcast P with Paul George," George singled out the Magic's performance against the Cleveland Cavaliers and Banchero's impact in the series.

‘Paolo has been the ultimate star,’ George said. ‘He's been phenomenal, he's been sensational, a true superstar, and he's playing against a tough team... He's been extremely consistent, he's been a scorer [and] dominant. I love his tenacity. He's one of the strongest players that I played against...He is a man-child literally playing a man's game at such a young age…

He reminds me a bit of Melo from a standpoint of the physicality,’ George said. ‘Melo was like that where you knew you play against Melo, you were going to get banged and bruised up from him constantly putting pressure at the rim and putting pressure on you to stay in front of him…

I've been very impressed with his first playoff experience and that Orlando Magic team is going to be good for a very long time.’”

https://www.si.com/nba/magic/news/magic-cavaliers-2024-nba-playoffs-game-5-paolo-banchero-paul-george

When a perennial all-star is bragging about your young star, you pay attention. While he may be doing this to get more money from LA, I still appreciate the love for Paulo. Come on down to O-Town, PG!!!

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

When a perennial all-star is bragging about your young star, you pay attention. While he may be doing this to get more money from LA, I still appreciate the love for Paulo. Come on down to O-Town, PG!!!

Agree, PG 13 ain’t going nowhere. He got his family over there.. 

Its nice to get the praise, but we need to focus on different players. 
Monk is by far the consensus FA target

30 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Agree, PG 13 ain’t going nowhere. He got his family over there.. 

Its nice to get the praise, but we need to focus on different players. 
Monk is by far the consensus FA target

It doesn't really matter who the consensus FA target is. 

I love PG. but we desperately need guards, possibly a playmaker. With Franz at 3 and Paolo at 4, PG would create a logjam we don't really need.

• Upvote 1

I’ll never forgive Cleveland for tanking their way to play us and letting Indiana blow through a broken Bucks team. I really hope we make them pay.

11 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I love PG. but we desperately need guards, possibly a playmaker. With Franz at 3 and Paolo at 4, PG would create a logjam we don't really need.

Suggs, PG, Wagner, Banchero, Carter would be a long athletic line up. We would be getting another creator and shooter in PG.   We probably won’t get him but I think that lineup would be scary as hell for opposing teams. Imaging the insane defense also. 

Look at what a simple playmaker, with no lenght or phisicality, could do only being smart... McConnell from the bench I'm talking about. We don't even have a real PG in the starting lineup. And PG is no Paul George! :P

Again, I love him, yesterday I've only shared my positional doubts, but he would also request max money, it's not in line with the age of our group, his injury track is not that good... I mean, I wouldn't be unhappy if somehow we convince him to sign with us, but I'm not sure it's what we really need.

I agree here that we don't need Paul George. He's great, but he doesn't fit in a number of ways.
And we need a point guard with shooting, but I don't think we're going to find him in free agency upcoming, so I think we'll have to trade for him.
But we can find shooters -role players- in free agency and yesterday watching Buddy Hield it occurs to me that the Magic could make him a suitable offer. Just to give an example.
I don't know how far the management wants to take a step forward this offseason.

6 hours ago, Shine88 said:

You got to give Leon Rose credit, he's putting on a masterclass. 

Yeah he is really nailing it. Imagine some of those players on our team. We even went after one of them but failed. Also look at players like Derrick White. Huge difference maker. Need to forget about stars and get these types of players before they break out or just after. 

This forums posters seem to get it right more then half the GM's in this league. I really believe a whole bunch of them do not watch the Games. How else do you explain the Beal trade? Why did Westbrook and Harden and KD get traded all around the league? It's stupid, sure get these guys in their primes but not as old players.

Harden and PG will get 2 huge contracts and probably start breaking down immediately. Guys like Lowry and Chris Paul managed to get one last overpaid contract when 20 years ago they would have wound up on rebuilding teams with much lower contracts. 

The league is Star crazy and the media just pumps it up because it gets them clicks or shows. 

The Magic just need a couple role players like Derrick White or Josh Hart, each who we cannot get but we can get players like Malik Monk or Hartenstein if we try!