Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

you aint gotta trust nothing I say... but its serves me better mentally to think positive.

This squad if it clicks can go to the East finals DEFINITELY. 

We are better than the Pacers..Knicks.. Cavs i know that much.. facts

I agree with you that there's a lot of uncertainity in the East (and I really LOVE your optimism even if I don't share it all the time), Boston being the only one that seem abobe the others, so everything could happen in a series, especially if a team gets hot at the right time (we're not at the moment)

But I can't see our team as structured now going very far (hope I'm wrong). Our two/three best players are relatively unexperienced in general, totally if we talk about playoffs. Franz is having big troubles with 3's. Paolo seem uninterested sometimes in defense, and too ISO in offense. Both are quite turnover prone.

Ingles and Moe are barely unplayable in playoffs for their defense. Fultz for his offense.

As a team, our best strenght has been defense. But every team improve on that facet coming playoff time. How much we can improve? And how much we can improve an offense that is already in trouble against regular season defenses?

In general, playoff games are another beast. Scouting is a lot more deep, coaches have a lot more time to prepare the series, and more focus. My fear is that we haven't enough answers and options, while our offense is way to predictable to scout and be completely shut down.

Hey mods, I just posted a new poll. It's title is NEW POLL #3. There is only 1 game left tomorrow. I thought it would something brief to see what the posters think our final regular season will be. There are only 2 choices.

Fans won't see the new poll if poll #2 is still pinned.

PLEASE!

***By the way, I have prepared a "Heads Up_End of Season Finale" announcement for tomorrows game that I will post tonight inside the "2023-2024 General Game Thread.

Magic Fans I believe that we will know in the first 5 minutes of the game later today whether or not there is any chance for victory. If we come out flat and play poorly defensively then I think it will more than likely be a loss. A lot of it is in the body language. I believe a read an earlier post from someone here stating that Paolo can get rather moody and dejected on the court which tends to bring other teammates down. He needs to step up and be a positive leader as he is the best player on the team. There needs to be a more positive vibe. When we are playing tough hardnosed defense with everyone fired up then there is a great chance to win. This is especially important because it leads to opponents' turnovers which helps generate our offense. 

Someone asked me yesterday that if the Magic were to end the season on a 6-game losing streak (last 4 reg season, and 2 playin games) would I still consider the season to be an overall success? At first I was going to say no. But then after thinking about it I realized that these are very young players who are just getting their feet wet when it comes to playoff pressure. Also have to consider that we won 46 or (hopefully)47 games without any kind of 3-point shooting. Also, no clear-cut point guard. With that being said I would still consider it to be a successful season even if it were to end with no more wins in the last 3 games. If management gets us a semi elite point guard and one or two shooters then we become a 55 plus win team and a more serious contender.

• Like 1

Yes I agree with what everyone is saying about our exceeding expectations this season.  That being said, a potential playoff run is a terrible thing to waste.  There’s never any guarantee you get back there next year.  It’s why, if we meekly lose in the first round or don’t even make the playoffs, I’ll consider this an opportunity that was missed.  

We had a good idea what we needed at the trade deadline, and didn’t do anything to improve.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Yes I agree with what everyone is saying about our exceeding expectations this season.  That being said, a potential playoff run is a terrible thing to waste.  There’s never any guarantee you get back there next year.  It’s why, if we meekly lose in the first round or don’t even make the playoffs, I’ll consider this an opportunity that was missed.  

We had a good idea what we needed at the trade deadline, and didn’t do anything to improve.  

This is the number one reason we are in this position. 

This is what it all comes down to! Home game and fan appreciation day where if you win you avoid that stupid play-in tournament. Let’s see what you got boys! Go Magic!

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is what it all comes down to! Home game and fan appreciation day where if you win you avoid that stupid play-in tournament. Let’s see what you got boys! Go Magic!

Don’t look now, but for some reason we’re favored by 6 1/2 points.