Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Pathetic loss... A win would of been 3rd place.. Knicks down by 15 to Bulls...

Anwyay on we march

J.i not playing is a huge loss ... in saying that you dont lose to them at all regardless 

JI not playing is a huge blow for sure. Seems coach is trying some new things as well

16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Fultz with 32 minutes out of the blue. Probably a scratch in The next game. SMH 

I hope we can get this version of Fultz the rest of the way. He easily was our best guard tonight.

Bulls beat the Knicks, Heat and Pacers win.. the Bucks have lost 3 in a row to Washington, Memphis and Toronto (WTF?!)… we didn’t do ourselves any favors and the 6-8 seeds have had a good night catching up to the 2-5 seeds. It’s gonna be a stressful next week because we can’t seem to get out of our own way

pathetic loss.. Terrible energy to start the game. Somehow this team tends to think it’s that good, that we can win games with low energy like we are superstars.. Bad news, we aren’t that team at all. Not even close! This teams trade mark is heart and hustle. Take that away and we are actually pretty average..

Coach got a coaches clinic today. It makes me so angry that he doesn’t have the ability to read the game and call timeouts when needed. Clifford definitely schooled him in that aspect today. It’s just absurd that we let teams get away without taking timeouts. Every damn time. We got to -6 points and play bad possessions, as a coach you call a timeout when the other team makes a run -10/12 points, especially the way we settled for bad threes and didn’t know how to play against zone. Oh well Mosley didn’t and Charlottes led was back up to 17 again. 

I got news for you Mosley, these scenarios also take the energy out of a team. It’s self inflicted wounds by the coach. 

My last point, in games like these it is clear that WCJ can’t coexist with Paolo. You have to players that tend to play with low energy. It translates too often into bad defense and effort. So although i love his contract, WCJ is no longer untouchable in a trade. Personally i’d sign Claxton in FA now. If we find that offense lead guard that would also balance out that starting unit. 

That game was whatever. I'm not happy about the way we played for stretches and the low energy at times but Charlotte had their best shooting game of the season or something stupid and they made everything. Like a Miles Bridges hold, hold, jab, jab, shoot 3 is a fine shot for us. It's a shot I'd be happy to live with every time. If it goes in what do you do? Davis Bertans sprint into a corner 3 fadeaway jumper with a contest? Goes in. Like, ok? How do you win against that? You play great defense and a contested Micic 3 rebounds straight to a Hornets player who puts it back in? Them's the breaks some times. 

The offensive issues/talking points are so well worn I can't be bothered to get into it again. 

Missed opportunity given the Knicks and Bucks lost. 

It's hard caring about games in April. 

57 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

That game was whatever. I'm not happy about the way we played for stretches and the low energy at times but Charlotte had their best shooting game of the season or something stupid and they made everything. Like a Miles Bridges hold, hold, jab, jab, shoot 3 is a fine shot for us. It's a shot I'd be happy to live with every time. If it goes in what do you do? Davis Bertans sprint into a corner 3 fadeaway jumper with a contest? Goes in. Like, ok? How do you win against that? You play great defense and a contested Micic 3 rebounds straight to a Hornets player who puts it back in? Them's the breaks some times. 

The offensive issues/talking points are so well worn I can't be bothered to get into it again. 

Missed opportunity given the Knicks and Bucks lost. 

It's hard caring about games in April. 

For me, that was my initial rant reaction.. 

couple of hours later, it is what it is.. We are a young and developing team, with issues. Nobody expected us to be where we are right now.. It’s a learning experience for everybody. I’m just pointing things out.. For me, the roster needs some tweaks going forward. We can’t expect this exact team to develop to greatness. Too many issues. 

- The WCJ/Paolo pairing is great when they both play with energy. But just like with Bol Bol, we can’t rely on them to morph into high energy players. it’s an internal issue, within the players. 

So offseason To Do List:

- get OC assistant coach to help Mosley

- Upgrade at starting PG/SG -> Monk

- Uprade at starting C -> Claxton

- replace Ingles -> Da Silva

we go on from there. 

or 

- McCain

- Claxton

- Oubre

thats if we don’t make a big trade

35 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

all i'm gonna say is    we missed a big opportunity here

I’m worried on the bulls game now. I thought we are capable of sweeping teams. It changes after this game. 
bulls is better than hornets and can play spoiler. They would like to draw us for sure on the playin being the youngest of the bunch. 

lxk9bp.png

Orlando Magic MAGIC VS BULLS Chicago Bulls
~SUNDAY~
KIA Center - Orlando, FL
Sunday, March 7th at 6:00 P.M. EST
TV:  Bally Sports FL

M1BYAA.png

CaBTZf.png

• Upvote 1