Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, Babir_9 said:

JI must play 20 minutes plus every game. 

I was going to jokingly say that the trainers need to duct tape JI's legs.

eNxDzt.png

I was curious about taping someone's legs so I looked it up.

Why do people put tape around their legs?
Preventing Injury

This added support can help prevent sprains, breaks, or other injuries that may occur from exercise and competitive sports. Athletes also use less restrictive tape to help prevent injuries. Elastic therapeutic tape is one of the most popular types of athletic tape.

Link:  https://www.impactphysicaltherapy.com › the-importanc.

• Like 1

Hard to believe that was the same team that played Memphis. That defense was unbelievable. Jalen Suggs played just about the best defensive I've ever seen someone play whilst simultaneously getting 40 dropped on him. 

Basically everyone was awesome. Complete team win. Mo Wagner was phenomenal.

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

JI must play 20 minutes plus every game. 

If he could he would. But if he tried it'd likely be another injury and he wouldn't be playing for 6 months again. 

Would you rather have this JI some of the time or no JI all of the time?

Great game last night. Nothing spectacular on offense, really. I think the win came thanks to the defensive concentration and effort of our players. 
Give me Mo Wagner every time to change the pace of a game.
Fultz was again very good, I think many are going to have to swallow some of the words from the last few weeks. I think anyone who watches his last two games can see that beyond him not having an outside shot, he is a constant concern for the defense when he moves between the lines and finds ways to the basket. He is really clever, tonight he had 5 steals and 0 turnovers. Of course, if you can bring in Tyus Jones, go for it. But Markelle is the only real point guard on the team and as much as we all love Anthony Black, he's not even in the same league as Markelle right now. If we want to win, Fultz is our only option. And I'm ok with that. 

• Upvote 1

I think if Fultz can consistently drive by his man and break down the defense to either score a short two point basket or kick it to one of our shooters, I'm fine with him staying in the position. His Bball IQ is higher than any other point guard option we have out there and he makes the other guys around him better. 

The problem is naturally how high is our ceiling with him at PG? The only similar test case on a championship roster is probably Rajon Rondo, who had three All-Stars around him, including the #2 greatest shooter of all time in Ray Allen.

I think if we can play up to our potential, we might be able to squeak into the second round. But there is going to need to be a lot of growth in the other players if Fultz is going to be our PG for the long haul. 

8 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

The problem is naturally how high is our ceiling with him at PG? The only similar test case on a championship roster is probably Rajon Rondo, who had three All-Stars around him, including the #2 greatest shooter of all time in Ray Allen.

Agree. It’s easy to fall into the trap of recency bias. Over the last four years, not including his first three years in the league, Kelle has only been able to play in roughly 35% of the games. Add in his lack of shooting, and I see an unpredictable ceiling at best relying on Kelle as our starting pg. Maybe we’ll keep him and add a guy like Brogdon. That’d make this fan happy.

• Upvote 1

Don’t know about the rest of you but Holie Toledo I played college bb …can’t imagine what that’s like for an opponent bringing the ball down the court and length like that that can move and all are agile …WOAH !

Rondo clears Markelle easily. Also, the game has changed considerably in the decade since Rajon Rondo was in his prime. Spacing is more important than ever.

1 hour ago, Phil4Real said:

Great game last night. Nothing spectacular on offense, really. I think the win came thanks to the defensive concentration and effort of our players. 
Give me Mo Wagner every time to change the pace of a game.
Fultz was again very good, I think many are going to have to swallow some of the words from the last few weeks. I think anyone who watches his last two games can see that beyond him not having an outside shot, he is a constant concern for the defense when he moves between the lines and finds ways to the basket. He is really clever, tonight he had 5 steals and 0 turnovers. Of course, if you can bring in Tyus Jones, go for it. But Markelle is the only real point guard on the team and as much as we all love Anthony Black, he's not even in the same league as Markelle right now. If we want to win, Fultz is our only option. And I'm ok with that. 

Agree Phil …only a few more games until we know whether Weltham is gonna keep Fultz for the rest of the season …things can change again like if we suck tonight against Dallas …but I though it was unusually quiet after a win like last night …Suns came in rolling had all their big guns and writers predicting they were gonna destroy us …you guys that want Fultz gone better root harder he and we suck lol lol lol 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If he could he would. But if he tried it'd likely be another injury and he wouldn't be playing for 6 months again. 

Would you rather have this JI some of the time or no JI all of the time?

He can skip back to back games. But I am more than sure he can play 18-20 minutes and avoid injuries. 

11 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

He can skip back to back games. But I am more than sure he can play 18-20 minutes and avoid injuries. 

Based off what exactly? lol

I guess he’s fooled me too many times before, so I’m cautiously optimistic, but more cautious than optimistic