Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

I’m convinced we’re not trading anyone from our main rotation or rookies at this point. Fultz, Suggs, Franz, Paolo, WCJ, Cole, Ingles, Isaac, Black, Jett, Moe all I expect to be here. If we make a move it’s GH and/or Chuma for salary and future picks 

Finally everyone is healthy and back. I really hope we get some luck and avoid major  injuries for the rest of the season. 

15 minutes ago, Jtsaints said:

I saw bleacher report talking us going after anfernee Simmons. What u all think of him

I don’t see it personally. Maybe in the off-season, but doesn’t seem like a move our front office would make mid-season. 

I personally think they go with somebody like Tyus Jones. 

Personally, I would do Terry Roiser for Denver Pick, Harris, Chuma and 2 seconds. But even that feels far fetched. 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree. Including moving Wendell Carter Jr. back to the starting center position.  /showcase?

loooool NO! WENDELL IS  A KEEPER

51 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, Wendell is our 3rd best player and asset, especially when you factor in his contract. You could debate Suggs but I’d take WCJ cause of the $$$

dell is dangerous in pick n roll with franz and fultz. Paolo should take a page on those 2 to feed dell in the roll. Wendell's ally hoop is a thing of beauty and should always be a guarantee every game.

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

I thought the same thing when I was watching the game live …I was like dang look at JI out on the perimeter putting Herro on lockdown 

our defense improve threefold when he's on the court. he's a menace. hope he can handle extended minutes specially if we are planning to go deeper in the playoffs. 

Yea if we play like that until the deadline we're not making a big trade. The defense was unbelievable. Everyone was moving and sharing the ball. Wendell was awesome defensively, Suggs was awesome defensively, Fultz was awesome defensively, Paolo and Cole and Franz all had great defensive moments and generally played well on that end. 

Having Franz was such a huge boost to not having defenses just load up on Paolo and it resulted in a super balanced attack. 

Very fun.

EDIT: it is a crime I didn't mention JIs defense in this original post.