Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

yeah i'm back to not wanting them to trade fultz again .... unless he is expecting a big pay check      if he is willing to work with the team, even not start, i say keep him

I don’t know what to say. Great W but terrible game. At least Mosley found the right substitutions at the end. Without Fultz, Cole, WCJ and JI defense, we loose.. 

Also not sure how AB went from starting to DNP? Must have missed that on the broadcast. Is there a explanation?

26 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I don’t know what to say. Great W but terrible game. At least Mosley found the right substitutions at the end. Without Fultz, Cole, WCJ and JI defense, we loose.. 

Also not sure how AB went from starting to DNP? Must have missed that on the broadcast. Is there a explanation?

If we are really shopping Markelle maybe that is why no AB     to give Markelle more showcase?   I hope not

1 hour ago, harryfromphilly said:

yeah i'm back to not wanting them to trade fultz again .... unless he is expecting a big pay check      if he is willing to work with the team, even not start, i say keep him

I get it but you just can’t give him big money. That’ll ruin everything long term.

You also can’t start him. His lack of an outside shot, the way he has to dominate the ball isn’t a good fit with Paolo and Franz.

Paolo was quick in the postgame to give Fultz credit for his open looks especially in crunch time …and Turner and the other guy on the TV broadcast saying all game long how NY defense got put on their heels worrying about Fultz in the paint and leaving Paolo open …NY defense couldn’t just load up on him 

16 hours ago, JJZFL said:

You’re right. But I’d hope we at least cover the spread.  In fact I bet $2.40 on it (like I said not much of a gambler :) )

Won that bet and also won another dollar I put on the under :).  I think we match up well against the Knicks.  + $3 on that game.  Retirement here I come!!

• Like 1

I have no issue with Fultz remaining on the roster. He just isn’t a starter anymore with his TOS flaring up again. That said, he’s add tremendous value to the bench units playmaking. Not relying on 48 year old Ingles, who i actually like but without Isaac him and M. Wagner are unplayable on defense. 

So i’d only trade him if we’d get a significant piece back. 

All this talk about D. Murray should end. We are in no position to add him. There are so many teams interested in him. And especially San Antonio could make a really good offer. 

Maybe we could trade for Simons if Portland would decide to trade him. It would cost a fortune though. 

The Warriors could look to trade Wiggins. That’s a guy i’d swing for, especially if he could be had for G. Harris and maybe some rotational pieces and second round picks. 

I’d definitely swing for him to bounce back. 

Im not trading away WCJ at all. This talk about Bitadze is nonsense. Sorry. People act like he is Gortat 2.0. He’s not. His +/- speaks volumes. He’s only had a positive +/- once in the last 10 games. 

WCJ immediately made an impact. If WCJ would be the missing piece in a Simons trade, yes i’d do it. Other than that i pass. Most interesting players for us are soon to be FA.

- T. Jones

- M. Brogdon

- Hield

- Monk

are not worth throwing assets at, as they will be FA. In FA however i’d add Jones and Monk! 

Ans i don’t see other players being worth spending cap money. H. Barnes, K. Huerter and others could be available but would hurt our ability to make an offer to Monk, who would be my primary target in FA..

Due to new CBA rules, players like Z. Lavine and other max like players don’t fit our teams cap situation. I don’t fully understand the new CBA, but from what i read is that a team can only afford 2 max players (who would be Franz and Paolo for sure)

• Downvote 1

Franz and Harris out tomorrow..

I think Franz back definitely on our homestand. If we can come away with a win at ATL..

76ers we can beat them if we are healthy.. WCJ bothers Embiid and They aint got no answer for Franz..Paolo etc

then we basically got MUST win games against Heat..Cavs..

Against Knicks we missed a good 6..7 free throws and I counted at LEAST similar amount WIDE WIDE OPEN 3s missed. We need to correct them parts and play our defence and we will be smoking teams by 12..15 points easily 

• Like 1