Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

7 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

The last 3 games we are shooting 49 percent from the arc …previously for the season we were at 33 percent and dead last in the league .

What has happened to create this crazy turnaround and is it sustainable ?

Feel like it’s personnel more than anything. Injuries have forced better shooters to play like Caleb and Chuma. Also, Suggs has been on an absolute heater from deep. 3 games is such a small sample size, but would be curious to see if how certain players have played when given an opportunity has any affect on the rotation when we’re at strength. Only one really would be getting Caleb more burn.

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Feel like it’s personnel more than anything. Injuries have forced better shooters to play like Caleb and Chuma. Also, Suggs has been on an absolute heater from deep. 3 games is such a small sample size, but would be curious to see if how certain players have played when given an opportunity has any affect on the rotation when we’re at strength. Only one really would be getting Caleb more burn.

One thing to remember as far as three point shooting. Franz seemed to have broken out of his three point slump also right before he was injured. This bodes well for the future.

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Feel like it’s personnel more than anything. Injuries have forced better shooters to play like Caleb and Chuma.

I agree on the personnel thing, but Chuma is shooting only 33% in the last 10 games.

The hitch in Fultz shot looks crazy. I feel for him. But did you see the playmaking , though? The guy had 3 assists in like his 1st minutes of play. Even hit Paolo for an open three. What different it make to have an actual PG on the floor with Paolo. But if his mid-range shot is gone, then we need to get Brogden. Because Cole ain't it and Black needs more developing for that role. 

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I agree on the personnel thing, but Chuma is shooting only 33% in the last 10 games.

Yeah, Chuma shot is broken.

3 hours ago, Shine88 said:

The hitch in Fultz shot looks crazy. I feel for him. But did you see the playmaking , though? The guy had 3 assists in like his 1st minutes of play. Even hit Paolo for an open three. What different it make to have an actual PG on the floor with Paolo. But if his mid-range shot is gone, then we need to get Brogden. Because Cole ain't it and Black needs more developing for that role. 

That’s my move also. Brogdon fits us  perfectly. 

5 hours ago, Shine88 said:

Yeah, Chuma shot is broken.

Chumas problem isn’t that his shot is broken, it’s his confidence that has taken several hits. When he defers, he thinks too much; but when he gets aggressive, and just plays, everything gets going. I would like to see him down in the G-League for a bit to let him be the alpha. His defense the last few games has been outstanding. He played Trae as well as anyone; and remember he is a PF/SF combo trying to guard one of the quickest PG in the league.

Also a shout out to Trevelin Queen. Last night I was hoping Mosley would put him in instead of Cole! 

For tonight’s game, Minnesota is favored by five.  Everyone who was out for the Magic last game is out again tonight.  

Is anyone in the media asking about the hitch or why Jett Howard can’t ball with us when we have 8 players out? 

haven’t seen those questions asked yet and i don’t understand why…

Having trouble getting tweets or exes or whatever you call them to embed, but Mose was asked about Jett and said the playing time he’s getting with Lakeland is too important to pull him up for depth.

Said differently, we drafted a super raw prospect at 11 that we’re gonna have to be patient with.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Having trouble getting tweets or exes or whatever you call them to embed, but Mose was asked about Jett and said the playing time he’s getting with Lakeland is too important to pull him up for depth.

Said differently, we drafted a super raw prospect at 11 that we’re gonna have to be patient with.

https://x.com/omagichq/status/1744862713027707078?s=46&t=O_48d3F9zIM7WbaIMp7sdQ