Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Recently got season tickets again in early Dec.. took my wife and 6 year old daughter tonight…  Daughter got to stand in front of Suggs, Mo, and Paulo for the Anthem.. I also got to introduce her to Dante Marchitelli who she sees on TV all the time..  I used to play pickup games w him and Scott Anez at RDV back in the day.. was a great night!! Go Magic!!

• Like 1

Great W!!  

- Overcame the terrible refs AGAIN. We need to send a tape to the league with all the soft touch fouls called, while getting manhandled by the other team. The amount of soft And 1 calls was crazy. We need to ask the league for 5 coaches challenges, just to make it fair.

Also never seen such lengthy explanations after a review in my life, in any sport like tonight. Crazy.

- That hitch is back. Told y’all. Fultz is my favorite player. I’d resign him for sure. But at this point only for a really cheap contract and a role of the bench. He can run an offense, is explosive, get anywhere. But he’s basically become useless when trying to shoot the ball. It hurts me, because Fultz is just a great person and ball player. 

Why does nobody from the media ever ask him why his hitch is back? He was a nice free throw shooter before, was good in the midrange, all without the hitch. He just had a funky 3 point shot. 

So yeah, i’d go for Tyus, because he’s a nice fit with the starters. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

I find it hilarious that Orlandoholic doesn’t think Murray is a PG. He would do wonders for this team and all this talk about his bad character is being way over blown. We need a gritty player who can create his own offense. All this Cole Anthony play, jacking up terrible shots left and right and not initiating any kind of offense is getting old. 

Murray is a combo guard. I necmver said he’d be a bad fit. I said he’d be a great fit at SG. But i wouldn’t want him to run our offense. He can’t get anyone going and he’d look for his shot first.

Also my main issue with him is character. We built something special wheee this locker room is family. That’s rare. I wanna be really careful who i’d bring in. 

https://x.com/dylanfrew6/status/1744248490513870921?s=46

This is not the guy i want in our locker room. If we would trade for him, i think the fo would do a lot of research if he had changed his personality. I really doubt that Murray changed. 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

Murray is a combo guard. I necmver said he’d be a bad fit. I said he’d be a great fit at SG. But i wouldn’t want him to run our offense. He can’t get anyone going and he’d look for his shot first.

Also my main issue with him is character. We built something special wheee this locker room is family. That’s rare. I wanna be really careful who i’d bring in. 

https://x.com/dylanfrew6/status/1744248490513870921?s=46

This is not the guy i want in our locker room. If we would trade for him, i think the fo would do a lot of research if he had changed his personality. I really doubt that Murray changed. 

He’s a PG that can also play SG when needed. If anything that means he’s versatile because we can move him to the 2 due to matchups or injuries. He’s only playing SG with the Hawks because Trae is their PG. That wouldn’t be the case anywhere else he played.

This all happened during Pro Am games. When have you ever seen him act like those clips you just showed in an actual NBA game? There’s nothing wrong with playing with some fire which is something this roster has often lacked outside of Suggs and Mo. Add to the fact he can get into the paint at will, finish, and also hurt you from deep. I don’t see the problem with brining a guy like that here as long as the FO does their homework and Paolo signs off on it. 

Now I wouldn’t mortgage our future for Murray but it seems like the Hawks are wanting to reset and that’s usually when you can get really good players at a discount. We should be looking to take advantage of those type of trades and upgrade our roster and not be content with the mediocre guard play we’ve been used to in years past. Thank God Jalen has found his shooting touch in year 3 or we’d be in big trouble with how the rest of our guards have been playing. 

5 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Great W!!  

- Overcame the terrible refs AGAIN. We need to send a tape to the league with all the soft touch fouls called, while getting manhandled by the other team. The amount of soft And 1 calls was crazy. We need to ask the league for 5 coaches challenges, just to make it fair.

Also never seen such lengthy explanations after a review in my life, in any sport like tonight. Crazy.

- That hitch is back. Told y’all. Fultz is my favorite player. I’d resign him for sure. But at this point only for a really cheap contract and a role of the bench. He can run an offense, is explosive, get anywhere. But he’s basically become useless when trying to shoot the ball. It hurts me, because Fultz is just a great person and ball player. 

Why does nobody from the media ever ask him why his hitch is back? He was a nice free throw shooter before, was good in the midrange, all without the hitch. He just had a funky 3 point shot. 

So yeah, i’d go for Tyus, because he’s a nice fit with the starters. 

If Fultz is really damaged goods at this point, I do expect us to trade for a PG unless we really think Anthony Black / Cole Anthony are the solution as a starting PG on a team that wants to make a playoff run (maybe they want to give Black more time before giving up assets). 

2 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

He’s a PG that can also play SG when needed. If anything that means he’s versatile because we can move him to the 2 due to matchups or injuries. He’s only playing SG with the Hawks because Trae is their PG. That wouldn’t be the case anywhere else he played.

This all happened during Pro Am games. When have you ever seen him act like those clips you just showed in an actual NBA game? There’s nothing wrong with playing with some fire which is something this roster has often lacked outside of Suggs and Mo. Add to the fact he can get into the paint at will, finish, and also hurt you from deep. I don’t see the problem with brining a guy like that here as long as the FO does their homework and Paolo signs off on it. 

Now I wouldn’t mortgage our future for Murray but it seems like the Hawks are wanting to reset and that’s usually when you can get really good players at a discount. We should be looking to take advantage of those type of trades and upgrade our roster and not be content with the mediocre guard play we’ve been used to in years past. Thank God Jalen has found his shooting touch in year 3 or we’d be in big trouble with how the rest of our guards have been playing. 

we can agree to disagree.. 

Imo i wouldn’t mess with him, especially because we wouldn’t have too much cap space. 

I‘d rather do a minor move and go for Monk in Free Agency. Only big trade i’d go for is Simons. 

other than that my targets at the deadline would be…

Tyus Jones

Brogdon

Kispert

Bogdanovic

Bogdanovic

Huerter 

Vazenkov

Moody

Kispert and Tyus Jones in a package deal would be great. 

Yeah Kispert and Tyus Jones would be fantastic. It's easy to always go for the bigger name like Brogdon. Tyus Jones kept Memphis winning whenever Ja was out, and when Ja was starting was a big reason why the bench was better then other teams. Paolo is gonna be a superstar, it's pretty obvious now. We need to bring in guys that fill the holes without breaking the bank because we are gonna have to pay Suggs and Wagner very,very soon.

3 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

If Fultz is really damaged goods at this point, I do expect us to trade for a PG unless we really think Anthony Black / Cole Anthony are the solution as a starting PG on a team that wants to make a playoff run (maybe they want to give Black more time before giving up assets). 

I don’t know. All i know is that the hitch is back all of the sudden. I find it strange that nobody is asking him. 

As a franchise, this is a great locker room guy, a great leader. But he can’t start on a playoff team. I’d resign him for 5 mil or something. 

So our question will be, who can start for us? 

AB can’t run an NBA offense right now. Down the road he will imo. But it will take time. 

That game was fun.

Caleb Houstan, I apologise for even thinking you were a fake shooter, nevermind saying it out loud. You shoot that thing. 

Legit, Houstan might be making Gary Harris expendable at the deadline.

Paolo is a god damn star.

Okeke guarding smaller guys is fun and interesting, Trae cooked him a little bit Trae cooks most people. 

Jalen Suggs is awesome. Unlucky to foul out. 

Goga battled on the boards. 

The Cole/Fultz/AB lineup was wonky as hell and did nobody on the floor any favours. 

The last 3 games we are shooting 49 percent from the arc …previously for the season we were at 33 percent and dead last in the league .

What has happened to create this crazy turnaround and is it sustainable ?