Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Last night was his worst passing game for sure. He has had some nice high assist games though as well. I especially liked his game against The Lebron’s where he had 10 assists. It’s all part of him learning to be a primary playmaker in his second season. At least he is a much improved three point shooter and better defender. 

I dont know if this means anything or not, but did anyone notice that the Lakers are undefeated in Tournament play but 7-6 in regular league play

Once again, our first cup goes to .... The Lakers

32 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Here’s a crazy idea. Use Wendell Carter Jr in the package for Lavine 

Carter is to valuable to be a throw in personally. His contract is so cheap. 

4 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree I think Franz is going to have a huge scoring game soon once his shot starts falling again. I was so glad to see him get a game winner. Paolo got his second game winner the game before. I love that they both seem to have no ego as far as who’s team it is. The whole team has good chemistry. The future looks bright with those two leading the way!

I don’t think it’s an ego problem but when either one has the ball towards the end of a game, it tends to stick with them.  I think nerves set in or something but instead of looking to pass out of a double or triple team, they put their heads down and hope for the best.  Still an area we need to improve.  

4 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Most of our turnovers are unforced. Our guys just need to slow down a fraction and take better care of the ball. 
Have the rules change on slip and fall with the ball? It used to be if both of your feet moved it was a travel.

some of these unforced errors is because of our lack of offensive game plan, just letting guys make plays by themselves. 

These young fellas need plays drawn up for them. Especially Franz. He’s so lethal as an off ball cutter and also ball handler. We could really make a lot of great plays. 

But all we do is high pick and roll. Simple horns action, that’s about it.

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

Man this is like the best quarter of the season …defense clicking …offense clicking …couldn’t ask for anything more 

You’re not kidding.  Phenomenal start.  Can we build on it and keep them down?