Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

39 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

What I don't like about Cole is he tries to be too cute with the ball and turns it over. He also throws up wild contested shots under the basket (surrounded by several opponents).

This. The guy could be a really solid player if he just realize his role. He seems to think he's back at UNC, where he was the guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

This. The guy could be a really solid player if he just realize his role. He seems to think he's back at UNC, where he was the guy. 

Disagree with you here, Shine. Cole shot A LOT less tonight (0-3) because he saw other guys were hot and adjusted accordingly. I think Cole has grown leaps and bounds in the last 2 years in terms of his decision making / maturity and has fully embraced his 6th man role. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Y’all, AB can ball! Can’t believe he’s already playing this well this quick

For those that doubted the pick, you are looking at our future 6'7 PG! I hate seeing Fultz injured but I'm glad AB is getting the minutes to show his stuff :D

Great win. It's early but Suggs has been much improved this season, if he keeps this up he's likely our 3rd best player. 

Bit of a bounce back game from Franz though honestly still don't think we've seen the best of him. 

JI on Giannis was fun. 

AB is a very talented young player. Can't wait to see him grow. 

Paolo was awesome his playmaking has really helped this year. 

Mo Wagner doing Mo Wagner things (getting buckets and playing hard). 

Bucks looked rough but maybe we made them look that way. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not that it needs repeating really but last season we started 5-20 and this season we're already 5-4. 

And could be easily 6-2

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Shout out to Mosley for putting JI at center and playing small to end the game. Makes us faster and more versatile.

Don't know if we have to make compliments to the coach to make the obvious right move (after a lot of missed adjustments that cost us in the past games) he's paid for that. :)

Overall, our record is clearly great if compared with last season, but we're still a team with a lot of ups and downs, and that's quite normal given the age. Apart from the coach, I miss a leader inside the team, that guy able to raise the performance and attention of the rest of the group and avoid some of the downs. If asked who's the leader right now, I would be unable to answer.

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Y’all, AB can ball! Can’t believe he’s already playing this well this quick

I think the most incredible thing is that he only really started playing basketball in ninth or 10th grade. If you read about his story, he was a four or five star high school wide receiver, but he found by the time he was a senior he was just enjoying playing basketball more. 

The only other story I can think of where someone started playing competitive basketball so late was Tim Duncan, whom never touched a basketball before he was about 15 (he was a swimmer beforehand). It just shows that high IQ mixed with great athleticism and a competitive nature overcomes a lot. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2023-nba-draft-inside-anthony-blacks-winding-journey-from-bright-football-future-to-top-10-pick/amp/

12 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Don't know if we have to make compliments to the coach to make the obvious right move (after a lot of missed adjustments that cost us in the past games) he's paid for that. :)

Overall, our record is clearly great if compared with last season, but we're still a team with a lot of ups and downs, and that's quite normal given the age. Apart from the coach, I miss a leader inside the team, that guy able to raise the performance and attention of the rest of the group and avoid some of the downs. If asked who's the leader right now, I would be unable to answer.

This will be Paolo. All reports indicate that he is fiercely competitive, even if he comes off as rather unenthusiastic in interviews. It gives me (not to double up on the example above) Tim Duncan vibes. The question will be if the team follows him in his "lead by example" style when he finally hits that next step of having the full trust of his teammates to take over the game and not blow it (like Atlanta). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1