Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

35 minutes ago, Forumreader said:

we lost it from the time he subbed in, I’m pissed at how selfish he is, wasting possessions over and over when the mindset has to be trust your teammates!

Not even clunking it,he turns it over and over

Agreed he needs to learn not to force things especially when he’s having such a bad game. Great teams don’t force the ball they trust each other and make the right passes to find the best shot available. If we eventually want to contend in the East this is something our team needs to learn that just because you have a decent look doesn’t mean it’s the best shot available. 

• Like 1

We need shooters, spacing and ball movement (what year is it?!)… I like the chemistry of our team but it seems like a giant playground at practice. That stuff works when you’re winning but it goes away quick when you’re not. Will be an interesting and long season, but at this point we’re not as good as I hoped we’d be.

Also, might be an unpopular opinion, but Franz playing Euro ball all summer is leading to him coming into a new season gassed and it’s affecting his play. Second season in a row I’ve noticed it. Not sure what to do about that going forward.

Hi

Just want to say, I am a big Fultz fan, but as I said about a week ago, I do think it is time to

consider other options.

However, Fultz is doing exactly what we expect him to do, though he has not gotten better at the long ball.

He had 13 points last night, a few blocks and would have probably had a double double if anyone hit a shot.

Anthony and Issac are doing what we expect. Black and Mo and Bitaze are doing more than we expected.

As much as I think we need a new point guard to become true contenders, right now Fultz, or anyone else,

is not the problem. Paolo and Franz, who are meant to be stars, are not doing what is expected.

Yes paolo had 17 pts, but with how many bad decisions and turn overs?

And Franz was an incredible -16 for his time.

I know it's early for both of them. And yes, they may be tired and/or in their head because of the summer.

But replacing Fultz is a long term solution    Figuring out how to get Franz and Paolo back on track seems more immediate.

10 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Hint to Moseley …there’s some guy named Issac sitting on your bench if you need defense 

Mosley cost us the game.....JI or Goga had to be in the middle all the time, basically. Brought JI a bit too late....but at least he did it.

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Would we all be this down if Paolo had made that 3 at the end of the game? I didn't watch the game but I'm curious if we're overreacting because of the L and how the narrative would change on this board (as it always does) when it's a W instead. 

Oh yes...he is playing like if he'd be in college.....kinda lost of there....and it doesn't speak well about the coaching when your star player is kinda lost out there.

This kid has a special feel for the game. Love his game. Mose should've been had him in the rotation. It's an indictment he wasn't to begin with. 

14 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

This kid has a special feel for the game. Love his game. Mose should've been had him in the rotation. It's an indictment he wasn't to begin with. 

Yes. he even could play well beside Fultz untill he is given the keys to the car. He has great defensive presence and a good, developing outside shot.

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Mosley cost us the game.....JI or Goga had to be in the middle all the time, basically. Brought JI a bit too late....but at least he did it.

no free throws cost us the game all 10 MISSES 

7 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

no free throws cost us the game all 10 MISSES 

Yeah, but his game management in the 4th quarter didn't help, either. His lack of in game adjustments and substitution pattern is holding this team back. 

• Upvote 1

To be fair Paolo won us the game in Utah with his go ahead layup.  He is also distributing the ball much better this year as he is leading the team in assists.  He is far from a selfish player.  Franz is the guy in my opinion that needs to step up.  He is shooting under 40% from the field and has the same percentage as Paolo from three.  He also is leading the team in shot attempts.  Paolo hasn't attempted more than 18 shots in a game so far.  I love both but want to be fair as neither have had a great start to the year.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1