Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

Actually, a short period of rest could be a good news for Franz, as the world championship + full NBA season was going to eventually take a toll later. If only the other rotation guys would be available...

8 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Ehh not going to happen. It’s the Olympics in France. No way anybody, especially from Germany would turn that down. 
Those players have a special commitment 5 years ago. There is also beef because of the players that didn’t want to give that commitment and now want to jump on the bandwagon. Players like Kleber or Hartenstein. They will probably not be invited because of that.

Oh the Olympics is an obvious exception, I just mean the annual FIBA play he does all summer. I love that he loves ball, but I don’t wanna see him burnt out or injured from pushing himself too hard.

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh the Olympics is an obvious exception, I just mean the annual FIBA play he does all summer. I love that he loves ball, but I don’t wanna see him burnt out or injured from pushing himself too hard. 

One of his ankle injuries was actually during a tournament with Germany. Luckily he comes back quickly and was able to play by the end of the tournament

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

One of his ankle injuries was actually during a tournament with Germany. Luckily he comes back quickly and was able to play by the end of the tournament

That’s why i said his ankles are definitely not made of glass. The dude cuts, eurosteps and plays in the paint through contact like crazy. Injuries are going to happen. But Franz rolls his ankle so often but is never severely injured.

That said, for his career it would have been great to take a summer off, work on his game. Franz still lacks counter moves. 
He’d be damn unstoppable if he start using that floater again and if he’d learn how to score middies out of the pick and roll. 

But i get it. Last years tournament was in germany, it would have been crazy if he sat out. 

• Like 1

Per statmuse Paolo is 8th in the league in possessions double teamed. That's insane he's doing this while facing that. 

• Like 1

Getting Ingles back is huge. I’m nervous about Franz, the injury looked gnarly and there hasn’t been a ton of updates since outside of what grade ankle sprain he’s dealing with

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Per statmuse Paolo is 8th in the league in possessions double teamed. That's insane he's doing this while facing that. 

Once he gets a feel for playmaking, he’s gonna be unstoppable. Oh lord, if he ever gets some of that Doncic IQ and Vision. Just a tad of that lol

I love Fultz, Harris, and WCJ, but IMO we need to package some or all of them with some picks to get a durable starting PG that can shoot 3s. I'm happy with Goga starting and Mo off the bench. AB is gonna be great but he needs to develop more before he takes over the reins.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I love Fultz, Harris, and WCJ, but IMO we need to package some or all of them with some picks to get a durable starting PG that can shoot 3s. I'm happy with Goga starting and Mo off the bench. AB is gonna be great but he needs to develop more before he takes over the reins.

Hear me out - we have the salary cap and the young assets, and we just need 1-2 years for AB to get up to speed while competing with a PG right now.

I think we make a run at Chris Paul, whom is the veteran locker room presence that elevates everyone else's game when on the floor.