Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

Can't watch the games like i used to in Orlando unless i do the illegal streams. Plus i work most nights nowadays. Might have to get NBA tv for the replays the next day.

Last night's game got me excited that we are truly looking at a team that will be the 4th or 5th seed in the East. We are SET UP for success for a long time with a lot of team-friendly contracts and guys buying into their roles and being GREAT teammates to each other. Man... I'm SO EXCITED for this year, y'all. 

13 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

friction.. none whatsoever.. this team has high character guys 

Hoping it would be the case Jay. I don’t want to see bad body language when one is open and the other forced it. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:20 AM, Jamesdin said:

i just hope there were no friction between Paolo and Franz. they need to learn co-existing inside the court.

So far they seem to be just fine. They’re both high character/bball iq guys who (I think) realize how much easier they make life for each other 

30 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

So far they seem to be just fine. They’re both high character/bball iq guys who (I think) realize how much easier they make life for each other 

Hope they evolve into co-equal talent for this franchise. No batman and robin kind of narrative from the media. 

the way we play, we really need an All Star 2 guard in this lineup. Someone who can light it up. 
I really think we need to make a shot at Zach Lavine or Donovan Mitchell for that next step. 

I’d love Vassell on this team, but i don’t think we can get him. 

14 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

We have to get Paolo out of this scoring funk he’s in. 

Paolo has really struggled. The summer and his role really hurt him and his confidence imo. 

Kerr had him in a limited role and him playing center all summer. 

It looks like Paolo regressed in every area. Ball handling has been bad. He’s not getting to the rim and his shot is really off. 

Paolo needs to get back to his Magic confidence. Break down defense and make plays. Attack the rim! create miss matches. 

We haven’t seen Paolo and WCJ connect in the pick and roll at all this season so far. It was lethal last season. 

• Upvote 1

These guys gotta start hitting their shots. The shooting has really been the main issue with this franchise since the SVG era.

Also, I say they give Ingles another 3-5 games before I turn to Jett.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

So can someone explain the logic behind drafting another non-shooting Guard?

It's not the only thing that I would like to know about FO... two losses and the forum is already starting to be back doubting the team after a long period of optimism.

btw, what happened to CTMagic?