Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2023 Pre-Season Thread

22 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I feel like we are all watching this team and I actually want to put money on the over/under this year. Each year I'm like "this could be our year," but this year legitimately feels like all the pieces will come together to get us to 45+ wins. 

If it's still at 36.5 I would say the over is a good bet, and I'm not usually the optimistic type.

wow we lost Nate Tibbets for a head coaching job to Phoenix Mercury!! 

That’s a blow for us imo! We need a strong staff, we need help for Moseley as well. I hope we hire a good assistant coach and not just a body! 

If i had a wish i‘d hope German national coach Gordon Herbert would be willing to be assistant and we would hire him. He’s the perfect assistant coach for this team. Understands the X and Os and values team chemistry. Just what we are looking

• Upvote 1

Magic up by 2 at the half.  Second unit doing it tonight. Starters look slow.

Paolo only 2 pts and Fultz handle is sloppy. Franz doing well

Harris, cole and mo doing it for 2nd unit

6 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Magic up by 2 at the half.  Second unit doing it tonight. Starters look slow.

Paolo only 2 pts and Fultz handle is sloppy. Franz doing well

Harris, cole and mo doing it for 2nd unit

You forgot to include JI making his presence felt on the defensive end. He’s had a few blocked shots already with the most notable one being on Valanciunas where JI sent it flying into the stands. 

Just now, harryfromphilly said:

yeah   that was amazing    my bad

Haha no worries you’re good just wanna give JI his recognition especially since he’s been away from the game for so long. Makes me happy seeing him still being able to contribute on that end.  

The spacing with the starting unit is still an issue. Hopefully, Franz and Suggs could shoot close to 40% from 3 this season, to open up the floor for Paolo and Fultz. 

Also, Wendell needs to take more shots in the paint. He gets a bit 3 happy. Markelle threw him a nice dime for an open 15 footer, he decided to step back for the three and brick it. I remember his name was brought up to KG, and KG said, "he shoots to many 3s for me" and I couldn't agree more. Don't get me wrong, I like him taking the open 3, but he does get carry away a lot of times.

It’s preseason but this was the first game most of us got to see since about 6 months ago, and we didn’t look all that great.  Here’s hoping for a successful season, but I’m not taking anything for granted.  They’re going to have to prove to me that this team can be a winner.  

• Upvote 1

The start of the season is tough. Of the first 13 games, 9 are away from Orlando. 

The 4 home games are: rockets, Lakers, Mav’s and Bucks. 

Having a 6-8 recover over that 13 game span, would set us up well for the playoffs in my opinion. 

• Like 1