CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

6 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

i know he’s getting the max.. It’s just that he ain’t a max player imo.. But i also think that Haliburton, Bane aren’t max players and Melo isn’t (because of injuries) 

Nowadays you get max contracts because of potential.. 

Also Cole and Suggs haven’t done anything to deserve 20 mil plus contracts.. 

money is getting wild in the NBA. 

I disagree, I think Hailburton and Bane are max and Melo isn’t worth it because he doesn’t impact winning. 

I’m not nearly as high on Tyler Herro as every body else seems to be. I’m a much bigger fan of Anfernee Simons. 

However, I’m open to being pursued, why is Herro better or better fit than Simons? 

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t like Herro or Simons for us as we’re currently constructed. There’s no proof that they’re noticeably better than other players we have at their positions, and they’ve both already gotten paid. At this point I’m either at grow it naturally like we are, or go home run swinging and Herro and Simons are more doubles than home runs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Cole is in the same position now that we’ll be in with Suggs a year from now and so far we haven’t rushed to extend him. It’ll all depend how much Jalen improves next season.

And unless something crazy happens like Franz’ arm falls off, he’s getting a max extension next off-season.

We’re talking about max extensions to someone who hasn’t even made an all-star game?   I like Frantz also but I think we’re getting a little carried away. 

3 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

I’m not nearly as high on Tyler Herro as every body else seems to be. I’m a much bigger fan of Anfernee Simons. 

However, I’m open to being pursued, why is Herro better or better fit than Simons? 

I don’t think anybody said Herro is better than Simons.. It’s just that Herro is highly likely available and Simons is not. 

Herro is only available because the Heat want Lilliard. Otherwise he wouldn’t be discussed here with anything we got.

Simons and Herro are different types of players. I think you can make a case for both.. Id prefer Simons too, but again, he ain’t available!

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We’re talking about max extensions to someone who hasn’t even made an all-star game?   I like Frantz also but I think we’re getting a little carried away. 

We're not. He's getting a max. Desmond Bane isn't an all star and he got a max.Tyrese Maxey also hasn't been an all star and he'll get a max too. 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t like Herro or Simons for us as we’re currently constructed. There’s no proof that they’re noticeably better than other players we have at their positions, and they’ve both already gotten paid. At this point I’m either at grow it naturally like we are, or go home run swinging and Herro and Simons are more doubles than home runs.

I disagree with that part. Herro won 6th man of the year and went to the finals as a top 3 offensive option for his team.

Suggs, Anthony, and even Fultz have a lot to prove.

And the fact that they already got paid is a plus for me. They're making 20 per year, instead of 32+ like some of these borderline all-stars

• Upvote 1

I know I trashed him earlier in the thread but Malik Beasley on a vet minimum is great for the Bucks. So low risk they can just waive him if there's any trouble with him but he's going to be so open playing with Giannis. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I know I trashed him earlier in the thread but Malik Beasley on a vet minimum is great for the Bucks. So low risk they can just waive him if there's any trouble with him but he's going to be so open playing with Giannis. 

Never seen an NBA player be so hot and cold. His stint with the Lakers was super disappointing but I know he can light it up from time to time.

8 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I agree that max contracts should be given on a different basis, but unfortunately is a few season that NBA doesn't work that way. Franz will get it unless something strange happens (like accepting a little less cause he loves Orlando and the trust FO showed on him... but his agent isn't going to agree :P) and management couldn't risk an unhappy guy requiring a trade later.

10 hours ago, JJZFL said:

This is the price for a guy coming off his rookie contract that’s as good as Franz. Remember he won’t be on a true max. There are different levels to a max contract. Franz will get the most he can under The CBA.  

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I disagree with that part. Herro won 6th man of the year and went to the finals as a top 3 offensive option for his team.

Suggs, Anthony, and even Fultz have a lot to prove.

And the fact that they already got paid is a plus for me. They're making 20 per year, instead of 32+ like some of these borderline all-stars

Exactly. Lets focus on Simons. His contract is in the twenties and fits the timeline. He is not a star, in fact he has had just the one season with high usage or volume.

However, unlike our guys he has already put up the numbers and his metrics show he is getting better. He is the shooter you all talk about so much. He's just not a star, never will be.