CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, Shine88 said:

Landale just got 4-$32 millions. It's the market, no need to stress yourself.

I’m not stressed at all. Mo’s deal is an overpay but it’s where we’re at. Not sure why you are coming in with a holier than thou post approach but you do you, my friend.

42 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Great post!

Well, Miami would not give up picks “literally speaking”, they would giive Portland the right to take the most favourable between each other’s picks.

From our side, it’s a big package in order to “beat the competition”. The Nets and the Spurs are said to be the temas possibly involved. Honestly, I don’t see the Nets willing to send Bridges or Johnson and I don’t believe Portland wants Cam Thomas and especially not Ben Simmons... Apart from that, Claxton and picks may be their only “package”.

The Spurs could do something around Vassel, McDermott and picks also. And I can also imagine Toronto may be interested.

About Herro’s fit with our core, I think he fits like a glove with Paolo, Franz, WCJ and Fultz (and Black in the future), adding shooting and scoring while spreading the offense. It makes a lot of sense to me. Gary Harris timeline does not match with our core and so, without seeing Jett on an NBA court and assuming Suggs & Cole do not take a leap in their game (I really hope they do), SG is clearly our weakest position in the starting 5.

Yeah thank you...

I don't hate Herro...and you are right... 2 spot is our weakest position... but the league is ever more becoming positionless...  and the need to be able to defend multiple positions seems to be the trend... go Aaron Gordon...

And I do agree Herro would definitely make us better on the court...probably won't put us over the top but better... but it could also keep.some of the young guys off the floor and from developing...

But.... Herro's contract isn't fantastic either...120 mill 4 years... it expires in 2027...so in theory it could hamper resigning Paulo or Franz...

I don't see the Spurs taking Dame either...they have a longterm view going and are not. n a hurry to do anything... except maybe put a bruiser like Steve Adams...  "I know he isn't available "  on the court with Wemby for protection... 

Spurs already win the offseason the second that ping pong ball popped out... 

Maybe Houston?

The thing is Portland wants 1st round picks for Dame and lots of them... right now... and I don't know who would do that...

Maybe a Harden trade for Dame???

Harden opted in to his contract after 6rs and he both said they were parting ways... that makes me think trade... their contracts are similar...

I know Portland probably wants 1st rounders... but aside from NY wanting to throw Simmons off for.someone else to cut... who will do that when Portland is on the hot seat now... 

They might wait until the season starts to trade Dame... or end of the summer...

4 hours ago, Shine88 said:

You'll give up all that just for Herro and his bad contract. Horrible trade.

Lol… At this point around the league, Harris is worth a 2nd, Suggs might be worth a mid first (at best), and Black is a complete unknown. Meanwhile, Herro is about to hit his prime, close to an all star, and locked up on a decent deal. Yes, I’d do that deal. However, I don’t think it’d be enough for Portland.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Lol… At this point around the league, Harris is worth a 2nd, Suggs might be worth a mid first (at best), and Black is a complete unknown. Meanwhile, Herro is about to hit his prime, close to an all star, and locked up on a decent deal. Yes, I’d do that deal. However, I don’t think it’d be enough for Portland.

I think Portland is about to realize that $50M / year for an aging great doesn't have the market that they think it has, especially if Dame has limited the field of whom he'll allow himself to be traded to. 

2 Firsts, a young player or two with "potential", and matching contracts regardless of talent should be the best the market has to offer. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Herro is nowhere near an all star. The Heat actually got better once he got hurt. It's a reason Portland doesn't want him back in return. His value took a big hit once Miami went on that run without him.

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

I think Portland is about to realize that $50M / year for an aging great doesn't have the market that they think it has, especially if Dame has limited the field of whom he'll allow himself to be traded to. 

2 Firsts, a young player or two with "potential", and matching contracts regardless of talent should be the best the market has to offer. 

I agree... they are over valuing Dame right now... and Dame took the leverage to walk away from trades away from Portland by demanding the trade... but he doesn't have a no trade clause ... does he?

So Dame might wind up not going to a contender...and might go to another rebuild team... like Houston... or Brooklyn... 

I don't think Dame can turn down any trade... for some reason... "probably because Portland has 9 young players that play Dames position " and they didn't try and build a team around him..."

he just decided to handcuff his front office and announce he wants a trade... 

I mean if Portland told Dame they were building a team around him... and then Portland spent the last 4 years stocking up on point guards... Portland Front Office absolutely deserves this...

So yeah... 

Would you all rather be Houston? Just curious as they obviously have some good young pieces but it feels like they're speeding up their timeline and making some questionable signing decisions in the process (like this one). I also see a lack of culture with that team and these personalities. 

I'm interested to know if many of you would rather be in Houston's shoes than our shoes. 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Dame will be in Miami by Independence Day I bet. They’ve let Strus and Vincent walk, just gave away Oladipo. The writing is on the wall. It’s a shame I’m gonna have to hate Lillard now lol 

BrLFhS.gif

That's funny, but it is how I feel about Chris Paul joining the Warriors. As I have posted so many times, the Warriors are my second favorite team. I won't stop liking or watching the Warriors, but I will have a hard time watching Chris Paul.

I had almost given up on Draymon Green because of his whinning and almost costing the Warriors a game because he has been ejected from a game. Now, the Warriors will have 2 whinners, Paul and Green. Also, Paul is injured a lot, and he is suppose to be Steph's backup.

15 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Would you all rather be Houston? Just curious as they obviously have some good young pieces but it feels like they're speeding up their timeline and making some questionable signing decisions in the process (like this one). I also see a lack of culture with that team and these personalities. 

I'm interested to know if many of you would rather be in Houston's shoes than our shoes. 

.... The Spurs!!!!!!

For me watching basketball as a fan I want to either be in the mix for a ship... playoffs winning close to 50 games a year... or I want to have the "Magic" and excitement of having rookies with high potential and watching them grow... and the hope.that one.of them works out...   I would definitely take the Magic over Houston  we don't have any bad contracts, yet...

And we have our #1 go to already in Paulo... we have plenty of developing assets to trade around once we figure out what will get us over the top... I like where we are... 

The worst is being average... just Blah...Because there is no hope...

When you rebuild you hope your rookies will fulfill their potential... when you compete you hope that you get the luck and the.ball bounces just right so that you win it all...

What does houston have that gives them hope right now? 

Hakeem Olajawan coming out of retirement?

18 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Needless to say, I’m all in on getting Herro.

Anfernee Simons would also be cool, because I don’t think the Blazers want to keep him.

Those are my big moves too that probably won’t happen lol

We would finally get our shooter. 

• Like 1

Just got an update that Utah now in the mix for Dame …I don’t think the Miami trade is a foregone conclusion …anyway, seems like every hour I get an update …I agree with AllEyes I think a deal gets done by July 4