CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

Not sure how anybody could complain about the Joe deal.

Don’t think it’s the signing that bothers folks. It’s the severe log jam with the ol running it back gang that’s just got some shaking their head at.

9 minutes ago, Jon said:

Don’t think it’s the signing that bothers folks. It’s the severe log jam with the ol running it back gang that’s just got some shaking their head at.

This^. And all the whatever this management does is gold bs. 

I can’t believe the contracts teams are handing out. How in the world do these execs have careers? Geez. And of course the owners have to green light them. I, for one, love the patience and approach of our current leadership. We need still to give Franz and Paulo shots and allow them to grow. Meanwhile, adding two more shooters this summer in Howard and Ingles is great. My biggest curiosity is to see if Fultz or Black becomes a legit, high end point guard. Exciting times in Orlando.

• Upvote 2

I'm not upset with this move. I think we needed a vet like this to help the young guys. Plus since losing Ross, we could use that legit 3pt threat. 

I expect some sort of trade to happen at some point though. Maybe not this summer but definitely before the deadline. Too much of a log-jam at guard. 

12 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This^. And all the whatever this management does is gold bs. 

I’m certainly not that guy. I wasn’t a fan of either draft pick. That said l, full heartily believe in the ingles signing. 

I see the lineup as:

PG: Fultz/ Cole 

SG: Suggs/ Black /Jett

SF: Franz/ Harris/Jett

PF: Paolo/ Ingles 

C: WCJ/ Goga 

17 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

I’m certainly not that guy. I wasn’t a fan of either draft pick. That said l, full heartily believe in the ingles signing. 

I see the lineup as:

PG: Fultz/ Cole 

SG: Suggs/ Black /Jett

SF: Franz/ Harris/Jett

PF: Paolo/ Ingles 

C: WCJ/ Goga 

Harris isn’t a SF. Ingles isn’t a PF.

Depth chart is 

PG  Fultz/Cole/Black

SG  Harris/ Suggs/Jett/Houstan

SF Franz/Ingles/Jett

PF Paolo/Ji/Okeke

C WCJ/?

If we don’t make a trade to loosen up that backcourt a little, it’s one of the most dysfunctional rosters I think one could build around Paolo/Franz

28 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I'm not upset with this move. I think we needed a vet like this to help the young guys. Plus since losing Ross, we could use that legit 3pt threat. 

I expect some sort of trade to happen at some point though. Maybe not this summer but definitely before the deadline. Too much of a log-jam at guard. 

Not a log jam... WE ARE DEEP!!!!

I wouldn’t mind throwing the MLE at DiVincenzo. Would be kind of humorous to add another guard lol.

Honestly not a whole lot out there that feels better than what we have. Wonder if they will try and work the trade market