Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

I was going to post the same. I don't trust Arenas a lot, but he could be right. Talent is here, we've seen it. Attitude, I don't know.

He seems very self centered on the court, and his negative assist to turnover rate is telling. 

15 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I was going to post the same. I don't trust Arenas a lot, but he could be right. Talent is here, we've seen it. Attitude, I don't know.

I have no idea about his attitude, but the way he plays isn’t good for a lot outside of highlights. Wish him the best tho

21 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He seems very self centered on the court, and his negative assist to turnover rate is telling. 

I think it's one of those things that Bol believes he should be a bigger part of the offense than he is. When he got the ball, he was primarily looking to find a way to score, and routinely made bad decisions on the offensive end. In some ways, I think Bol and RJ are the same type of player - very skilled athletically but don't know how to make good decisions when playing 5v5. 

Bol wants to be KD in so many ways, so I hope that Bol playing with KD unlocks something in him to help him take that next level. However, I think if there was something there, Magic wouldn't have just let him walk and would have given him playing time towards the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jaylen Brown just got 5 years $304 million…. No thank you 

I just don't think Jaylen Brown makes THAT much of a difference. But the Celtics are also going nowhere if he walks and they only have Jayson Tatum with no Brown, Smart, or Williams. 

Brown/Tatum will keep the Celtics in the playoffs (and potentially into at least the 2nd round) for the next 2-4 years. Without him they were a fringe playoff team. Their problem is now they don't have the cap availability to do ANYTHING else to build around these two guys. 

y’all wait till Tatum is eligible for his contract. 338 mil is his contract extension worth.. 

Boston is going to have a tough time to fill out their rosters going forward. Brown looks like he’ll be impossible to trade right now. 

They should have traded Brown at the draft. Maybe they could have gotten a huge package from Portland. Scoot, Simons, Sharpe could have been possible. At least two of them. 

15 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

So glad we have Franz and Paulo on rookie deals right now. That Brown deal is bonkers.

But we'll be in the same position at some point. Let's hope they develop and they really deserve those crazy numbers.