Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

21 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

thank you   so good for us  unless ...  lol

Only a 0.5% difference from 11 and 12 getting into the top 4. If the Bulls jump up with just an 8.5% chance, it’s just unlucky but not a whole lot we can do about it. Right now (knock on wood) this pick is in about as good a spot as we could’ve asked for. And honestly with the amount of young talent on our team and which direction the Bulls are headed, it wouldn’t be the worst thing if we held onto it another year with less protections 

14 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

And honestly with the amount of young talent on our team and which direction the Bulls are headed, it wouldn’t be the worst thing if we held onto it another year with less protections 

I was thinking about that. Next season is top3 protected? There's also a chance that the Bulls implode or change direction in the offseason. In the end could be a way to keep an asset a little longer, it's not like we need two rookies again to be added this summer... unless FO plan to use them in a trade.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

I was thinking about that. Next season is top3 protected? There's also a chance that the Bulls implode or change direction in the offseason. In the end could be a way to keep an asset a little longer, it's not like we need two rookies again to be added this summer... unless FO plan to use them in a trade.

Yeah, I mean it might get scary the more I think about it. It’s top 4 protected this year, top 3 protected next, and if it doesn’t convey then, it turns into 2 2nds

Won't happen. It will be like that year we wanted a point guard in the second and all of them went like 27-33.

This kid will be a first rounder simply because he will look amazing at the combine. If move up because of the lottery i could see them trading the bulls pick back and maybe picking him. In fact if we move up i can seriously see us trading the Bulls pick back to save money or even trading it away to get a cost controlled player. We move up to 1-4 all of a sudden we have a ton of money in expensive rookie contracts with possibly two players needing to be extended. 

In fact after the lottery i think it will be the first time they might make a trade before the draft. It is hard to imagine them drafting and keeping all these young guys. They might prefer the only drafting one first rounder and getting a decent second rounder or using the two picks to get a more cost controlled player late.

Edit just checked, it was 2018 and guess who was picked right before we picked Melvin Frasier? Jalen Brunson,Devonte' Grahm  and Jevon Carter. And i remember a few of you guys wanting Jevon or Jalen. Imagine that. Also Mitchel Robinson and Gary Trent went right after. 

I don't think it ever hurts to have more cheap talent with upside. I use both of these 1st's and we see where the chips land on them unless we really like someone and want to move up. 

I'd love to trade back with the Bulls pick and get future assets honestly or even a good young player who fits. I'm just struggling to find a good one. It's a shame OKC aren't pick 14 or so because they've got so many assets they might go for it but there's no point trading 1 pick up. 

What’s good everybody? 

i’m new to the forum. I’m a long time Magic fan. 

Really excited for this draft process. So many ways to go. I honestly believe if we don’t draft in the top 3, we will try to trade the picks for a significant player. 

Talking draft though, i’m curious for Amen Thompson and how he will be able to show his improvements during workouts. I mean Sharpe really shined in the process.

In the second round i really hope we don’t trade the pick. I love Strawther and Tubelis. I also believe Trayce Jackson will go first round..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

What’s good everybody? 

i’m new to the forum. I’m a long time Magic fan. 

Really excited for this draft process. So many ways to go. I honestly believe if we don’t draft in the top 3, we will try to trade the picks for a significant player. 

Talking draft though, i’m curious for Amen Thompson and how he will be able to show his improvements during workouts. I mean Sharpe really shined in the process.

In the second round i really hope we don’t trade the pick. I love Strawther and Tubelis. I also believe Trayce Jackson will go first round..

Welcome! 

I like Strawther too but I've a feeling he might go first round also. 

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Welcome! 

I like Strawther too but I've a feeling he might go first round also. 

yes i fear his stock will go up during the draft process.. He kind of reminds me of Poole.. 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Edit just checked, it was 2018 and guess who was picked right before we picked Melvin Frasier? Jalen Brunson,Devonte' Grahm  and Jevon Carter. And i remember a few of you guys wanting Jevon or Jalen. Imagine that. Also Mitchel Robinson and Gary Trent went right after. 

I wanted either of Brunson or Carter. I also liked Robinson and I was like, who the F is Melvin Frasier?