TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Rockets - Wed., Dec. 21st @ 8 PM

I didn't see any of this one. Dang man. Cole said "I'm a starter" like that? I'm good with him sending a message to coaching and management. Just send it on the court too. Get you some chip on your shoulder young man. I can't wait to see how he plays the next few games

But if he wants out then I hope we can oblige him and begin the conversation because I **can** respect what he wants but the truth is he's been at his best when he's been off the bench. I hope he knows he's played his best ball lately 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Ok y’all WCJ is coming back Friday …anybody wanna guess who’s starting at center ? Who would you start in that situation ?

1 foul/1 point away from 8 in a row I wouldn't change the starters until it doesn't work anymore. I'd bump Bamba and trade him for a guard. We have enough bigs that we don't need 3 centers.

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Interesting interview at end from Cole. “I’m a starter in this league” this guy should be traded, he just comes off as a extremely me first type of guy. IMO. Thanks but no thanks. 

He said what? Oh, he thinks he's bigger than the game!     VHo0hQ.jpg

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Interesting interview at end from Cole. “I’m a starter in this league” this guy should be traded, he just comes off as a extremely me first type of guy. IMO. Thanks but no thanks. 

I am glad he said it. Its true he is

The fact he accepted his role speaks volumes for him tho. The kid is accepting it for the team. Props to him.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I am glad he said it. Its true he is

The fact he accepted his role speaks volumes for him tho. The kid is accepting it for the team. Props to him.

Surely this comment is him not accepting it? 

Guys who are accepting their roles don't do interviews where they say they should play a different role. 

Cole might very well be a starter in this league but he's started the majority of the games he played in the two seasons before this and we were 21-51 and 22-60.

He had one of his best games of the season last night coming off the bench against one of the worst teams in the NBA. That's not necessarily indicative of "should be starting".

I appreciate his confidence and I hope that was all he was trying to give there, confidence in himself, because I think at some point if he wants to he'll get to chose if he'd rather go elsewhere for a definite starting role or stay here, accept whatever role that entails and be part of the Paolo/Franz teams that will be very good sooner or later.

I heard Cole’s comment live during the interview.  Trying to give him benefit of the doubt.. think he was trying to say that he is Starter pedigree and will play accordingly whether he is an actual starter or coming off the bench.  He was in his usual post game cocky mode, so I think that is leading some to believe he was complaining or not happy. 

i think all is good here nothing to get worked up over…

8 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

We won a game we needed to win. That’s all that matters. 

Not all wins are pretty. 

Yeah, after a really sloppy start, and some bad def and ball management later that gave them multiple +10 leads, was easy to lose this one, and we showed instead to be able to stay mentally attached in the game. I'll take it!

8 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

PAOLO IS INMENSELY BETTER THAN JABARI.....INMENSELY !!!!!

They're also really different players, and both have only 20+ games in their career. Long time to go and to judge, but first signals are good for us.

Great gritty win by this team, we are truly showing growth these last 8 games. I’ve been saying this since last year when Fultz is healthy and leading the team we are leaps and bounds better. The guy just knows how to make winning plays whether it’s facilitating, scoring, or coming up with big rebounds and steals. Franz and Paolo have been playing terrific especially now that they don’t have to initiate the offense as much. Also shout out to Mosley for changing up the defensive scheme in the 2nd half, that zone defense was really making it hard on the Rockets to get quality shots off. If we can stay healthy making the play in tournament is definitely a tangible goal we could accomplish this season. 

• Upvote 1