Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

2022-2023 Official Game Thread - Magic at Pistons - Wed. Oct. 19 @ 7:00 PM

12 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Well at least we were competitive and trying to win …albeit the results like most of last season …it’s just one game …but man my mind just goes crazy imagining what this team will look like when Fultz and Isaac return …all the friggin layups the Pistons we’re getting and making at the rim …was talking to my son we need our shot blockers out there 

If Markelle would have played last night, our chances to win are higher...on every single game.

We are all pretty happy with Franz playing the point forward but you can't leave him out there with no other ball handlers on the floor. And he can't be expected to do it all game long. It's a great option to have but there were a lot of times where he was getting pressed and that had to take a lot out of him. When Fultz gets back this should open him up do do some of the other things he does well (cutting and moving without the ball).

Over all looking at this game and the Memphis pre season game I have to say this is some of the most entertaining basketball this team has played in many years.

Lots to like in this first game:

- Paulo’s skillset, team play, and scoring ability 

- Franz’s multi-positional and two-way game

- Jalen’s focus and improved shooting (if even for a game)

- WCJ being WCJ

- Bol Bol the revelation

Furthermore, I respect Mosley’s decision to roll with new guys and schemes vs. just doing the same thing as last year. Lots for him to still learn, but I like the idea.

Now for one clear negative: I still can’t believe how below average Bamba is at multiple facets of the game. How are his hands that bad and his bb awareness that poor? 

Yes, we’re missing a true point guard, but I’m still I’m very encouraged overall.

But takeaways to me are:

Paolo is legit. With 27 points in a game, his career high points in a game is now higher than both Jonathan Isaac and Markelle Fultz. He also missed some gimmes, he coulda had 35+. Can’t stress what a great pick this was by the FO, he was not my first choice and I love to be this wrong.

Bamba shouldn’t have been re-signed. He’s just a weird piece that we feel like we have to give minutes to. It still stands that Mo may find himself as an NBA player, it just ain’t happening with us.

Good showing from Suggs and Franz, but neither can run an offense for a whole game. To be what everyone wants us to be we need Markelle and Cole healthy.

Since we will be watching all the rookies during the year here is a recap of yesterdays rookie games:

Bennedict Mathurin scored 19 points for the Indiana Pacers. Jabari Smith scored 17 points, albeit on 6-for-17 shooting, for the Houston Rockets. Shaedon Sharpe has 12 points, making three 3-pointers for the Portland Trail Blazers. Walker Kessler also had a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the Utah Jazz’s upset over the Denver Nuggets.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Since we will be watching all the rookies during the year here is a recap of yesterdays rookie games:

Nice breakdown. Also, Ivey and Duren both looked great last night 

3 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Good call Nate …Banchero definitely looks like the man of the class …I must add that Sharpe just turned 19 and outside of a couple exhibitions hasn’t played real games for 16 months …then having got hurt in summer league wasn’t able to play or practice even more …makes his opening night performance more impressive …Blazer twitter was on fire after the game 

23 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Good call Nate …Banchero definitely looks like the man of the class …I must add that Sharpe just turned 19 and outside of a couple exhibitions hasn’t played real games for 16 months …then having got hurt in summer league wasn’t able to play or practice even more …makes his opening night performance more impressive …Blazer twitter was on fire after the game 

Isnt Banchero also 19?

21 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Isnt Banchero also 19?

Yes …but he also played 39 games collegiately …as you know Sharpe didn’t play …not to punish Banchero for having played a year …but the point was Sharpe hasn’t played since HS …jumped to the highest level of bb after not having games or hardly any practice .

Portland fans are ecstatic …they were posting today how happy they are that he didn’t play at UK cause they are certain/positive he wouldn’t have been available at 7 if he did play.