Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

14 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Good question that was raised: With this 6 game winning streak going, and the natural chemistry between the Wagner brothers, do you bench Mo Wagner for WCJ when the ladder gets healthy? 

Without being snarky, the answer feels like "Trade Bamba anyway"

Someone raised the question of firing Weltham anyway despite this turnaround and I'm at the point where I'm in favor of either them or the medical staff supervising our player's care and recovery. Like Jonathan Isaac was assigned to Lakeland weeks ago and STILL hasn't played yet. I'm tired of seeing a guy go down and worrying I won't see him again for 3 months.

I'm glad for these last few weeks but this? THIS is not forgivable https://www.spotrac.com/nba/injured-reserve/cumulative-team/

You should not be ahead by 50-100 man games lost to the rest of the league like this. Either our players are negligent in self care or we are not taking care of them. Or these are direct orders from the top 

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Chicago now has the 7th worst record in the league. It's going to be real interesting what they try and do. Compete? ... Or throw in the towel and try and trade everyone so as to not forfeit their pick to us?

It's risky either way for them. Seems unlikely they'll be able to win the race to the bottom with the Pistons, Rockets, Spurs etc. 

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

We definitely have superstar generational talent in Paolo FACTS

I believe Franz is generational also.

This is great stuff.  How many historic list is this guy on already for a rookie?  I was just listening to The Hoop Collective with Windhorst and Pelton.  They were singing the whole teams praises but specifically Paolo.  They even mentioned how he is having a better start to his career than Luka Doncic did his rookie year.  Definitely the best Magic rookie since Shaq.  The basketball gods have finally been good to Orlando!

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Banchero finally hitting 3’s …Magic 6-3 since Fultz minutes restriction has been lifted …and one note myself …Fultz knows how to set guys up to get good looks and in rhythm 

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Chicago now has the 7th worst record in the league. It's going to be real interesting what they try and do. Compete? ... Or throw in the towel and try and trade everyone so as to not forfeit their pick to us?

Smart move would be to tank. At least 2 awesome players coming up. Then the Emoni Bates wildcard. I think that whoever takes a swing on him will end up being happy 

1 hour ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I'd like to see us stick with our current starting lineup until it doesn't work anymore. 

Yes! Fultz works his tail off and is one of the few who can penetrate. Mo Dubs stretches the floor and is an agitator

4 hours ago, Fire Weltham said:

Per Khobi Price WCJ is making his return on Friday against the Spurs. It’s nice we are finally getting healthy again, hopefully it lasts! 

I think he regains his starting spot, Moe Wager moves into the second unit and Bamba is out of the rotation. 

sGESyh.png      HEADS UP - MAGIC FANS!
(BACK TO BACK)
~MONDAY NIGHT~
MAGIC AT CELTICS
State Farm Arena - Atlanta, GA
Monday, December 19th at 7:30 P.M. Est
TV:  Bally Sports FL

00qbSs.png

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)
I have prepared a game thread starter that I have posted for the game--if interested. 

4 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

I think he regains his starting spot, Moe Wager moves into the second unit and Bamba is out of the rotation. 

I agree he should go right back starting at the 5 with Mo sliding to the bench brining that same energy and grittiness.