Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I agree with back to the Magic. I don’t think we will see JI in a game for a few more weeks, if ever.

I dont see how they could hold him out another month, but I do know that you can get an injury waiver if a player has been out for a certain period of time that allows his Contract to not count against the cap. I thought that was like feb when that would kick in.

Let’s keep the politics and vaccine debates off the Magic board, please. No good comes of it. I’ll start deleting posts if I have to.

JI and Suggs have both been ruled out for tomorrow, frustrating but predictable. Also out are Chuma, the Wagners, Kevon, Admiral and Bol.

• Upvote 1

So we had a four day break around Xmas, which didn’t do us any good (appeared to have broken the momentum we had going until then). Then we lose a few games and have an even longer five day break, before starting a stretch where we play five games in seven nights.  This schedule almost seems designed to make it harder for us to win games.  

I was thinking the same about the schedule, really weird layoff this one, even more than the previous one. I imagine every team as situations like that one in the course of a long 82 game season. Hope that we used it well (phisical/tactical preparation) as there're not a lot of regular season trainings available usually.

I work nights again this year and it was frustrating being off several nights and no game. Anyhow I'm working most of the next weeks games, don't think i will be missing anything.

Poor OKC they keep SGA on the bench and still beat the Celtics. I wonder how many "Injuries" they have tonight.

11 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I dont see how they could hold him out another month, but I do know that you can get an injury waiver if a player has been out for a certain period of time that allows his Contract to not count against the cap. I thought that was like feb when that would kick in.

Does anyone know the info for this? Never mind i found the info disabled player exception

"This exception allows a team which is over the cap to replace a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (it can also be granted in the event of a player's death). This exception is granted by the league, based on an application from the team and a determination by an NBA-designated physician or Fitness to Play panel that the player is substantially more likely than not to be unable to play through the following June 15."

MAGIC CURRENT POWER RANKING:

Record: 13-24

OffRtg: 110.2 (27) DefRtg: 114.3 (25) NetRtg: -4.1 (26) Pace: 99.1 (20)

A week ago, the Magic looked like they were on their way to competing for a Play-In spot in the East, having won eight of their last nine games and set to play four more in a stretch of seven straight against teams with losing records. Now … not so much. The Magic had three of their five worst losses of the season last week, losing to the Lakers, Pistons and Wizards by an average of 19.3 points. They were outscored by at least nine points in five of the six halves, and the worst stretch of the week (a 31-10 run from the Pistons on Wednesday) was made worse by Moe Wagner’s bush-league foul on Killian Hayes and eight Magic players leaving the bench in the ensuing altercation.

The Magic rank 28th in turnover rate, but turnovers (other than the one that led to the Wagner ejection) haven’t been a big issue over these three games. Instead, the last two losses have been two of their three least effective shooting games of the season. They’ve shot 26% from 3-point range and Paolo Banchero has shot just 4-for-30 (13%) from outside the restricted area over the losing streak. The Magic still rank as the third most improved offensive team from last season (+6.3 points scored per 100 possessions), but they’re now back in the bottom five on that end of the floor.

They have one more game on this stretch of seven straight against below-.500 opponents, but Franz Wagner will be among the four guys suspended against Oklahoma City on Wednesday. And that’s the start of Orlando’s second stretch of five games in seven nights, with the other four opponents all currently holding winning records.

JANUARY SCHEDULE:

Jan 4 vs OKC, Jan 5 vs MEM

Jan 7 @ GS, Jan 9 @ SAC, Jan 10 @ POR, Jan 13 @ UTAH, Jan 15 @ DEN

Jan 20 vs NO

Jan 21 @ WAS

Jan 23 vs BOS ------> REVENGE GAME, MUST SEE TV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Jan 25 vs IND

Jan 27 @ MIA

Jan 28 vs CHI

Jan 30 @ PHI

HOME GAMES - 6

AWAY GAMES - 8

THIS IS A MAKE OR BREAK MONTH FOR THE TEAM......VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THEY RESPOND. 

12 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Let’s keep the politics and vaccine debates off the Magic board, please. No good comes of it. I’ll start deleting posts if I have to.

JI and Suggs have both been ruled out for tomorrow, frustrating but predictable. Also out are Chuma, the Wagners, Kevon, Admiral and Bol.

Wow I know I’ve been gone awhile but when did you become a mod? Congrats

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

They were outscored by at least nine points in five of the six halves, and the worst stretch of the week (a 31-10 run from the Pistons on Wednesday) was made worse by Moe Wagner’s bush-league foul on Killian Hayes and eight Magic players leaving the bench in the ensuing altercation.

Not to mention the bush-league reporting by ESPN where they call out Moe for committing the "bush-league" foul, but don't call out Hayes for the felony battery of striking him in the back of the head and knocking him unconscious from behind while someone else was holding him; nor mentioning the fact that Moe was unconscious and surrounded by Detroit players at their bench, which is why so many Magic players left the Magic bench area. Way to go mentioning half the story ESPN!

2 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Wow I know I’ve been gone awhile but when did you become a mod? Congrats

Thanks man, uhh, I think it’s been about a year now.. I dunno, times flies lol

• Upvote 1

sGESyh.png      HEADS UP - MAGIC FANS!
(BACK TO BACK)
~THURSDAY NIGHT~
MAGIC VS GRIZZLIES
Amway Center - Orlando, FL
Thursday, January 5th at 7:00 P.M. Est
TV:  Bally Sports FL

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)
I have prepared a game thread starter that I have posted for the game--if interested. 
  • Upvote 2

Good win, was a tricky game even if OKC was on a back to back, but we were on the middle of another layoff and with the suspended players still + Bol.

From next game, a new season should start for us. First of all, I would go back to the Wendell-Banchero pairing now that Bol is out and the old streak is over. They're the ones that need to play together more to improve long term, but also short term we need a little more def in that starting lineup. I'm not a big fan of playing Franz at SG but I've to admit it mostly worked, so we have a few different solutions there. Will be interesting if Isaac finally comes back, he would give us another different option. For example, considering that the coach seem to like big lineups, with the same Franz at SG + Banchero-Isaac+Wendell. Would be an interesting mix of def, off and playmaking.