Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Good thoughts. I respectfully disagree that we need to add more young talent. We have plenty of that. I’d like to see us trade for a vet role player that fits our guys’ timeline, somebody like Gary Trent, and make a run for the play-in. Also would be fine if we stood pat outside of seeing what draft capital we could get or improve for guys like Ross and Bamba who are probably gone next year no matter what. I think our biggest need is a Plumlee type big who we can bring in off the bench when Wendell sits that can keep up the interior defense and rebound. Bol and Bamba are shot blockers, but that doesn’t mean they’re good interior defenders.

I like the idea of Plumlee. He would be a nice fit alongside Bol as the frontcourt of the 2nd unit, running the rim with his hustle and veteran experience. But he has an expiring contract so is it worth to go for him this deadline? If so, what would CHA be asking for, because he is their starting center? Maybe it is better to extend him an offer this summer.

I do like Gary Trent Jr and think he fits nicely in our core both in game position and in age, as he is still 23 (so not really a vet). But his contract ends next year and has a player option for that last season, so I would go for him as long as he exercises that option and we have some confidence he will consider re-signing. Maybe Bamba and Cole would do the trick for TOR, which is perfectly fine from my point of view. Looking at their position on the standings, I wouldn’t be surprise if they push the “rebuild” button soon…

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

With Suggs coming back soon, it’s time to sit or trade Ross. He’s not the kind of vet that’s helping to develop the young guys, and his minutes need to go Suggs, G Harris and even K Harris.

THE ARTICLE DOESN'T TELL WHAT THE MAGIC WOULD BE GETTING IN RETURN, IF THE MAGIC  TRADE T. ROSS. ARTICLE IS ABOUT 3 TEAMS WHERE HE FITS:

1) LAKERS

Ross would be a low-risk addition for the Lakers, who are desperately seeking a spark. He would represent a scoring boost off the bench at minimum, and there's a legitimate chance he could provide even more value if his defense returns to its usual level.

2) HAWKS

The Hawks' trade of Kevin Huerter, who's enjoying a breakout season with the Sacramento Kings, got lost amid the team's busy offseason, but it's left the team a little short on three-point shooting behind Trae Young and Dejounte Murray.

3) RAPTORS

Ross could provide a nice boost to the Raptors' backcourt reserve group, and it would also be a chance for him to write a second chapter with the organization following an initial up-and-down five-year run in Toronto.

• Upvote 1

WCJ saying Issac can play right now and gushing about all his talent  …”IF” he does return at some point good luck finding playing time for all those bigs …man would I ever like to see him on the court again just to see what we got 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I understand why we did not make the move, but I think in hindsight not trying to leverage our assets to make a move for Mitchell will be an opportunity which won’t come around again soon. Not saying we should have given up Paolo or anything, but I think we could have done it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I understand why we did not make the move, but I think in hindsight not trying to leverage our assets to make a move for Mitchell will be an opportunity which won’t come around again soon. Not saying we should have given up Paolo or anything, but I think we could have done it

Could have done it with our contracts like Issak and a ton of draft picks. Zach Lowe and The Ringer guys brought this up a lot before Mitchell was traded. If the front office knew Paolo was this good I think they would’ve done it. 

16 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I love that even though he's full go in 5/5 practice, they wont put a timetable...lol its the kind of double speak i hear from politicians...

Gaslighting at its finest, The Law of Salutary Contradiction...'That's Not Happening and It's Good That It Is"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Do we know for sure that we didn't try to get him?

32 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Could be a real nice opportunity to throw minutes to a guy at his position that hasn’t played in 3 years, that apparently “looks great” and is a “full go” in practice.

• Like 1