Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

21 hours ago, hootie249 said:

47-15? You sir, are the greatest optimist ever! Kudos! For a team with such a low winning percentage the last few years and being the third youngest team, going .500 from now till the season is over would be a great achievement.

The change of mood in this forum are out of control, lol, only a few weeks ago everyone was completely depressed and starting to claim for head of the coach or the FO...

I agree that with a 47-15 he should get COTY, but that's not realistic by any means. At this point we shouldn't care about individual titles, ROTY included, or the press or even the swinging mood of the forum, but only to have a constant progress with this core, coach included that has a long way to go and improve too. And make the right moves to have a team that is better and better every season, improvement and long term success are the only things that count in a team sport when the title is the target, and only 1 of 30 teams reach that, so you have to be great at every level of the organization.

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2022 at 12:35 PM, CTMagicUK said:

I don't believe there's any chance we go 42-15 to end the season but if we did Mose should win Coach of the Year. Whether he actually would would be down to how much press it got etc. 

If we finish the season like that though I honestly won't care what anyone in the press says or thinks or who wins what award because a 5th seed who's best two players are 21 and 20 with a young coach, tons of flexibility and 2 first round picks this summer would be actual dream land. 

If we go 42-15 the rest of the way, coach of the year isn’t nearly enough.  I would argue for coach of the century, or possibly even millennium.  In fact, such a feat might transcend sports altogether.  Working a miracle of that order might qualify him for sainthood.  

• Upvote 1

I was able to watch the final christmas game.Denver is rolling and Aaron Gordon was amazing! Just had to give a shout out the the guy who i used to give so much slack. He finally arrrived this year. It's got to be the new hair and 30 pounds he added. Check it out he is jacked now!

7 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I was able to watch the final christmas game.Denver is rolling and Aaron Gordon was amazing! Just had to give a shout out the the guy who i used to give so much slack. He finally arrrived this year. It's got to be the new hair and 30 pounds he added. Check it out he is jacked now!

haha i watched the highlights and one of my biggest issues (non BB related) was the man could never tuck in his jersey. Watch the NBA.com highlights and the man looks like hes out clubbing while all 9 other players somehow manage to have their jerseys tucked in. Surprised Chris Paul didnt get him called on it.

10 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Still rather have rookie Paolo. 

THE MAGIC ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WITH 9 PLAYERS AVERAGING 10 POINTS OR MORE PER GAME !!!!  

PAOLO - 21.7

FRANZ - 19.8

WENDELL - 16.1

COLE - 13.5

MO WAGNER - 12.8

JALEN SUGGS - 12.4

BOL BOL - 12.1

MARKELLE - 11.3

GARY HARRIS - 10.1

Shameful selfish post incoming. Anyone in these threads have an extra ticket to the Lakers game tomorrow? It's my birthday and due to recent break-up i have no plans. I have not been to a Magic game this year. A buddy of mine usually has tickets through promotions, but no luck and i'm not paying the lakers premium. I would love to go with a forum fan. Still trying through other means, but if you don't ask you never know!!!

Full disclosure, i am a divorced middle aged bartender. Big fan so i would be decked out in all my Magic Gear!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Shameful selfish post incoming. Anyone in these threads have an extra ticket to the Lakers game tomorrow? It's my birthday and due to recent break-up i have no plans. I have not been to a Magic game this year. A buddy of mine usually has tickets through promotions, but no luck and i'm not paying the lakers premium. I would love to go with a forum fan. Still trying through other means, but if you don't ask you never know!!!

Full disclosure, i am a divorced middle aged bartender. Big fan so i would be decked out in all my Magic Gear!

I don't have a ticket personally but if you need someone to talk to I'm here. Without a billion gory details imagine being in your 30's with on and off again one-and-only of 10 years who should have been your wife. 

If you gotta cave, try a ticket site. They always come through for me with Lightning games

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Sorryy I sold mine like the first week of the season when people were hyped about the magic. Then we sucked for 20 games and no one wanted tickets. Now were are hot stuff again i sold my wizards tix like they were heat tickets the other day....crazy!

My son is going to the game tomorrow and he’s very excited …someone with prime seats invited him .

Lol on the ticket stories above …yeah winning cures all …funny how the value and availability of tickets can change once winning ensues .

Curious to see if we can sustain our winning ways or the last couple weeks turns back into a mirage …I see the winning continuing …think that Boston double sweep in Boston is and will continue doing wonders for our confidence .