CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Paolo gets blown by on the defensive side pretty easily. Excited to see him after some time with Coach Mose, cause it ain’t a physical limitations thing.

I'm  not going to worry about that for a long time. it's an offensive league. Anyhow yeah i like what i see from Caleb so far. Tari Eason looking good. I like his physical tools, not gonna lie i wanted us to get him so bad.

Just now, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

RJ is looking awful he needs to have a seat until he plays some team basketball. 

If this were any other player, they’d be benched and wouldn’t get more playing time. Can you do that to arguably one of the two guys with guaranteed contracts on the team? I feel like it would be suicide to Hampton’s confidence but otherwise, you just create resentment from other team members. Hampton just passed up a wide open cutting Houstan to chuck up a shot. It went in, but if I’m a talent evaluator, I’m noticing he made the wrong play

1 minute ago, MagicFanDan said:

Paolo knows how to draw a foul. 

His offensive game is just so advanced. I was so upset draft night but man, I’m happy watching this game

Yeah he doesn't have that explosiveness and currently he has no rebounds, it was kind of weird he didn't get one that last posession. 

So yeah that was one of the reasons he wasn't a slam dunk to go number 1. I'll take the ball handling and shooting and passing. Wish he moved little faster but they can work on that.

7 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

RJ is looking awful he needs to have a seat until he plays some team basketball. 

No he needs to play off the ball and be a cutter and spot up shooter 

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

If this were any other player, they’d be benched and wouldn’t get more playing time. Can you do that to arguably one of the two guys with guaranteed contracts on the team? I feel like it would be suicide to Hampton’s confidence but otherwise, you just create resentment from other team members. Hampton just passed up a wide open cutting Houstan to chuck up a shot. It went in, but if I’m a talent evaluator, I’m noticing he made the wrong play

I was wondering if i was the only one who thought he should have bounce passed to Houstan for an easy layup... He made it like you said but it wasn't an easy shot. That dunk was nice he just had. I think Houstan looks solid

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

True but if I’m the coach I’m holding all players accountable and he clearly missed Houstan on the break. He’s playing too selfishly instead of getting others involved and teaching guys to play the right way is more important than worrying about their confidence.