Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2022 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

With Haliburton and Duarte in the backcourt  and Turner actually playing C, Pacers all the sudden have an interesting young-ish core. Not sure they have a real way to add any legitimate stars to that but at least their fans can now dream lol

7 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

I just heard on talk radio that the magic are moving behind the scenes to get rid of both Marquelle and J.I.    Thoughts?

There’s a saying, “buy low and sell high.”

this would be the literal opposite of that. You don’t sell players who have been fragile and yet have high upside unless you’re certain they’ll never reach the ceiling.

8 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

I just heard on talk radio that the magic are moving behind the scenes to get rid of both Marquelle and J.I.    Thoughts?

thats talk radio making things up.

5 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

This Pacers Kings trade seems like robbery

We should of had a look into getting Haliburton if this was the cost. Bamba, Ross and Harris would have been around the same.

I made my peace with us finishing at the bottom of the league a long time ago because no one knows when Isaac and Fultz are coming back. Rest of the team needs to keep growing anyway, namely Cole and Suggs. Despite this, I'd really rather us not sit on our hands here. I don't have it out for Bamba, but Wendell basically outplays him every night now and I don't see how this guy is gonna take us another step forward to winning it all. Trade him for someone who can come off the bench and make a damn bucket. Get Ross some help out there for God's sake. He's been terrible and I have to wonder if it's not a side effect of being asked to do too much.

11 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

We should of had a look into getting Haliburton if this was the cost. Bamba, Ross and Harris would have been around the same.

Not sure about that, sounds like the Kings desperately wanted Sabonis. 

Seeing what Portland got for virtually their entire rotation sans Dame and what Indiana got for Sabonis... I'm even more happy with last year's trade deadline for us.