Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2022 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

5 days until the deadline. Dump your hopes, prospects, wishes and rumors here.

Biggest thing I’m keeping an eye on is the Harden for Ben Simmons rumor. 

Biggest thing I’m keeping an eye on Magic-related is where Bamba, Ross and/or GH wind up and what we get back for em

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If y’all think we are dumping anything other than wins this season, then you haven’t paid attention to our management.
My prediction for our trade deadline moves this year, Zero Nada Zilch. 

Terrence Ross chose a bad time to be completely useless. His trade value is at an all time low

50 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

looks like the Pacers are going to tank the rest of the season...is Sabonis a realistic get for us?  Something along the likes of Ross/Bamba and draft capital?

Hmmm… Isn’t he best at center? I’d actually consider giving up a legit haul for DS. He’s still young and a legit all-star. (And wouldn’t it be ironic?)

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Hmmm… Isn’t he best at center? I’d actually consider giving up a legit haul for DS. He’s still young and a legit all-star. (And wouldn’t it be ironic?)

I still think about what could have been with that magic team if we had kept Victor Oladipo, Tobias Harris, Maurice Harkless, Vuc, Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton, and drafted Sabonis. 

That’s a team if jelling correctly makes a few 2nd round playoff appearances. 

• Upvote 1

Magic center Mohamed Bamba made his 41st start of the season on Saturday, reaching the starter criteria for restricted free-agents-to-be, as Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report tweets. A player meets the starter criteria when he makes at least 41 starts or logs 2,000 minutes in the season prior to his restricted free agency, or if he averages 41 starts or 2,000 minutes across the two seasons before he becomes a restricted free agent.

If Bamba hadn’t achieved the starter criteria, his qualifying offer this offseason would’ve dipped to $7,228,448. Now that he has met the criteria, his QO amount will remain at $10,096,703.

In many cases, the amount of an RFA’s qualifying offer isn’t all that important, since a player who intends to sign a longer-term deal won’t seriously consider accepting it. But that’s not always the case. For a player with a somewhat limited NBA résumé like Bamba, a $10MM+ qualifying offer wouldn’t be a mere placeholder — the Magic would have to decide whether they’re comfortable making that offer, and if they do, Bamba could realistically accept it if he doesn’t get a multiyear deal he likes.

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

This is big news for Mo. It more than likely means that wherever he’s playing next year, he’ll be playing on a 1 yr $10 million prove it deal.