CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I say this every year. No guys that can't shoot, and no sticks that will easily be injured. Let's draft another Franz please! NBA ready body, and can already shoot!

Oddly, I see Smith as a bigger Wagner type. A bit passive but a great shooter and two-way player. The question is whether he’s star material. 

On 2/8/2022 at 7:51 PM, crisby pancakes said:

Already said RJ wasn't relevant and already said occasional switching to guard a wing doesnt make you a wing . . . . .  All players will end up having to switch on a number of posessions per game that's the modern NBA, so yes, Suggs will occasionally guard wings, it doesn't make him one though. He spends his time guarding the opposition PG when not on court with Cole and he has no offensive game at all to be useful out on the wing. He's an absolute disaster offensively which is actually concerning as he was meant to be the most NBA ready player out the top 5.

The only player you can class as a 'proper' wing is Franz. As stated prior, the FO will pick a SF if they feel that's the best pick when they go on the clock to draft. They're not going to pick for need which is the point I was originally making.

Well you can keep saying it but you’re still wrong.  Our front court situation is far more dire regardless of how you prefer to split hairs.  The hope is still that the best available player can satisfy our need for more front court depth.  

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

He must be reading our message board. Lol

Yeah, being on a top team with all that potential. He just needs to shine a few games and he is a slam dunk to go number 1. Mostly because teams can't pass on the potential and the obvious current production. 

I keep forgetting the 3 worst records have the same percentage for number 1. But if for some reason we end up at number 4 do we go jaden Ivey?

14 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I keep forgetting the 3 worst records have the same percentage for number 1. But if for some reason we end up at number 4 do we go jaden Ivey?

I would. He will considered for top pick also

5 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I just ran 100 Draft Lottery Sims... We end up at 5 about 40% of the time.

I’ve been saying for a long time that even with the very worst record, you still have about a 50-50 shot of getting fifth pick.  And anyway, look at Detroit with second worst record last year who got the much coveted #1 pick and selected Cunningham.  Has that transformed them?   I guess not because after 57 games they still have the second worse record in the league. 

Easy to create a really bad team.  Not so easy to turn it around. 

in the last 30 years, there is only 10 #1's i would consider bust. So thats a 66% success rate. If you discount the 4 that were injured and dont really count that would be an 80% success rate... Pretty good chance if you get the #1 pick though.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:27 PM, Soul Bro said:

Oddly, I see Smith as a bigger Wagner type. A bit passive but a great shooter and two-way player. The question is whether he’s star material. 

We don't need stars at this point. We need a few more guys that are actually ready to play basketball and make some shots. No sticks, no guys that can't shoot!

• Upvote 1