Jump to content
Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Recommended Posts

Any interest in making a move for DSJ from the Knicks? He doesn't seem to be doing anything there and may be an upgrade to our current PG situation. Maybe we could pull another one off the scrap heap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

How exactly could the Magic have been involved? Which team would you have suggested they outbid in which part of the trade?

I'll answer even if not directed at me, and I actually don't think we had to insert the Magic in every big trade that happens around us (we should do our own ones! :P) but the only kind of involvment I can see there, if Houston was just interested in an expiring (as Oladipo - but we don't know that) was inserting Fournier (+ everything necessary to make it work) and take back LaVert, interesting prospect with an acceptable contract. That's the kind of moves we should have done in the past too.
(I've not checked Trade Machine and salaries, only described the lone scenario that was interesting for me from a Magic standpoint)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN analysts are saying to look for a domino effect in the trade market as contenders try to reload. Meanwhile, if you look at the average point differential, we’re 11th in the East and 23rd in the league. (In other words, we’re far worse than our record). All interesting info to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

ESPN analysts are saying to look for a domino effect in the trade market as contenders try to reload. Meanwhile, if you look at the average point differential, we’re 11th in the East and 23rd in the league. (In other words, we’re far worse than our record). All interesting info to consider.

None of the teams we've beaten currently have a winning record, and their combined record is 25-41.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Any interest in making a move for DSJ from the Knicks? He doesn't seem to be doing anything there and may be an upgrade to our current PG situation. Maybe we could pull another one off the scrap heap?

He’s a bust and frankly didn’t look that good out of college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'll answer even if not directed at me, and I actually don't think we had to insert the Magic in every big trade that happens around us (we should do our own ones! :P) but the only kind of involvment I can see there, if Houston was just interested in an expiring (as Oladipo - but we don't know that) was inserting Fournier (+ everything necessary to make it work) and take back LaVert, interesting prospect with an acceptable contract. That's the kind of moves we should have done in the past too.
(I've not checked Trade Machine and salaries, only described the lone scenario that was interesting for me from a Magic standpoint)

OKC can do a 2021 1st round pick swap with Houston unless it lands in the top 4, so Houston probably wants to be as bad as possible this year.

Quote

The Oklahoma City Thunder can swap the lower of the Miami HEAT or their own pick with the Rockets, provided the Houston pick is 5-30 (Russell Westbrook).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

ESPN analysts are saying to look for a domino effect in the trade market as contenders try to reload. Meanwhile, if you look at the average point differential, we’re 11th in the East and 23rd in the league. (In other words, we’re far worse than our record). All interesting info to consider.

Fournier needs to get healthy and hit a bunch of 3s ASAP.

It should be noted we can't trade Ennis, MCW, Clark or Bacon until Feb 5th and those guys are the kinds of contracts we might need to match salaries. (I think also Ennis has to consent to a trade but that might not be much of an issue if it's a move to a contender).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'll answer even if not directed at me, and I actually don't think we had to insert the Magic in every big trade that happens around us (we should do our own ones! :P) but the only kind of involvment I can see there, if Houston was just interested in an expiring (as Oladipo - but we don't know that) was inserting Fournier (+ everything necessary to make it work) and take back LaVert, interesting prospect with an acceptable contract. That's the kind of moves we should have done in the past too.
(I've not checked Trade Machine and salaries, only described the lone scenario that was interesting for me from a Magic standpoint)

Oladipo has more value than Fournier and I'm pretty sure they're going to try and move Oladipo for more picks whenever they can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'll answer even if not directed at me, and I actually don't think we had to insert the Magic in every big trade that happens around us (we should do our own ones! :P) but the only kind of involvment I can see there, if Houston was just interested in an expiring (as Oladipo - but we don't know that) was inserting Fournier (+ everything necessary to make it work) and take back LaVert, interesting prospect with an acceptable contract. That's the kind of moves we should have done in the past too.
(I've not checked Trade Machine and salaries, only described the lone scenario that was interesting for me from a Magic standpoint)

Totally agree.

And if I'm not wrong, CLE received Allen+Prince in exchange of Exum+2nd round pick. Would it be so difficult for us to give something better than that and replace Birch+Aminu/Clark and a 2nd round pick for those 2?

All this makes me wonder what does our FO do on their day-to-day basis...

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Oladipo has more value than Fournier and I'm pretty sure they're going to try and move Oladipo for more picks whenever they can. 

Yes, Oladipo has more value than Fournier but I doubt someone will give them picks for an expiring contract... but I might be wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously never mind, some of you guys are never going to get it. Cavs and Pacers made themselves better, we didn't. It's that simple. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fournier needs to get healthy and hit a bunch of 3s ASAP.

It should be noted we can't trade Ennis, MCW, Clark or Bacon until Feb 5th and those guys are the kinds of contracts we might need to match salaries. (I think also Ennis has to consent to a trade but that might not be much of an issue if it's a move to a contender).

 This is a good  post i forgot about that, although i said that a month ago. Most of the players signed right before the season cannot be traded yet. This is why i didn't think Harden would get traded yet. He kind of forced their hand. After the first week of February they would have had more options.  And yes Lavert was definitely worth a gamble.  Dinwiddie would have been a great target if he didn't get hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Any interest in making a move for DSJ from the Knicks? He doesn't seem to be doing anything there and may be an upgrade to our current PG situation. Maybe we could pull another one off the scrap heap?

No why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×