Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

That’s what it sounds like to me. My guess is we move Fournier and/or AG for smaller pieces and that’s it. To trade Vooch, I think WeltHam would want a great young player and multiple firsts.

Especially when the rumored teams interested in Vooch are the Heat, Celtics, Hornets and Spurs. 2 of our biggest rivals, an additional division team, and SA. As a few have mentioned, if we move Vooch at the deadline it’s to SA for a combo of picks, young talent and salary relief, fans will riot if we gift him the to Celtics or Heat

I've honestly never understood that thing about rivals/division teams. Even more now that divisions are not that important anymore. I really doubt fans will riot for something like that... I doubt they would riot ar all actually :P, but the reason should be a very bad trade, not the other team involved.

If the Heat, Celtics or Hornets offer the best package (hipotetically speaking) I would take it immediately, no matter what.

A Ross-for-Nesmith swap makes a lot of sense since Nesmith is in many ways a nascent version of Ross. The Magic guard is one of the league’s best shooters coming off screens and he could really help make the Celtics’ offensive scheme more balanced and complex, even if overall he isn’t shooting nearly as well as he did in his 2018-19 campaign when he really seemed to peak.

The most interesting aspect of this trade is that if the Celtics were willing to wait on Nesmith to develop, he could very well become the type of player that Ross is currently –– if not better. The question is, would Boston be willing to wait, and should they?

Nesmith, widely perceived as the best shooter in his draft class, has yet to carve out a sizeable role in Boston’s rotation. The reigning No. 14 overall pick, Nesmith has appeared in just 18 games thus far this season, averaging 4.2 points over 15.6 minutes per game. With that said, the Vanderbilt product’s energy and growth on the defensive end has begun to earn him the praise of head coach Brad Stevens, although his minutes continue to be sporadic.

As for Ross, the Oregon native is a proven commodity who can score in bunches. While he may not be the most sound defensive player in the league, he has a knack for pickpocketing, averaging 1.1 steals since arriving in Orlando back in 2016. On top of that, he also carries a fairly team-friendly deal. The contract checks in at $13.5 million this year and drops by a million each season through 2022-23.

Weiss believes that, while Nesmith may have a higher ceiling than Ross, acquiring the latter is the type of win-now move that would better help Boston’s immediate title hopes.

https://heavy.com/sports/boston-celtics/trade-terrence-ross-magic/

I like the idea of clearing the last 2 years of Ross' contract, but I'd be concerned Weham would then use the savings to give Fournier a new contract.

I was def in the excited Nesmith was still on the board one pick away from ours camp.  I like Cole, but I never wanted him. Nesmith was my guy. So potentially acquiring him for Ross would be welcomed from me. 

As far as that deal...it makes sense. But Ross is a little undervalued, imo. I’d be nice to add another young piece to Nesmith. But Orlando could do worse than Nesmith and cap relief for Ross...who really has no place on a team as bad as Orlando. He’s a wonderful trade chip for playoff teams in need of a scoring punch. 

6 minutes ago, New Guy said:

Oh and please no on another Fournier deal. That’s one of my biggest fears right now. 

Amen to that

7 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I've honestly never understood that thing about rivals/division teams. Even more now that divisions are not that important anymore. I really doubt fans will riot for something like that... I doubt they would riot ar all actually :P, but the reason should be a very bad trade, not the other team involved.

If the Heat, Celtics or Hornets offer the best package (hipotetically speaking) I would take it immediately, no matter what.

Highly disagree. If we trade Vucevic to the Heat, I’d be mad as hell

49 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Anyone see the new ‘earned edition’ jersey?

It’s trash

Will suit this team nicely then