Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm very sad about it. I love watching AG play even despite his flaws. 

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Is anybody else really sad about the possibility of trading AG or should I just sit alone in my feelings?

I'm not dead set against trading AG, but it would have to be for a deal that makes sense for US. 

8 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I'm not dead set against trading AG, but it would have to be for a deal that makes sense for US. 

I'm not really dead set against trading anyone. I honestly think we need some big changes, but yeah the deals do need to make sense of course. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, LaVar said:

good  point. It does hint at backroom talks and discussions. NBA players do make enough money to have multiple houses though. 

And players want to keep legal residence in Florida if possible, even if playing for a different team, to avoid state income taxes.  

33 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I'm not really dead set against trading anyone. I honestly think we need some big changes, but yeah the deals do need to make sense of course. 

Agree.  Any deal needs to benefit us, almost goes without saying, but I don’t think I can bear to watch this same group shambling around the court for yet another year.  Give me at least some reason for optimism rather than just having to sit through another season waiting for it to end.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Is anybody else really sad about the possibility of trading AG or should I just sit alone in my feelings?

Not alone at all, you got mine and others +1. I would be very disappointed if we trade Aaron, even for a good trade, before playing a team-style that fits his skills.

I would be annoyed as hell if we trade him for a lateral move, or for a better pick in the draft. He's not the first that has to go to change our situation and improve by any means.

I would be as annoyed as the previous scenario if we renew Fournier somehow, after he has opted in, instead of trading him for... anything useful or an asset for the future.

I genuinely find it hard to find a good Fournier trade. Despite what some fans think Fournier would be an excellent player for a contender who has real stars but for the life of me I can't find a good trade that works for both us and the team acquiring him.