Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It was definitely in conjunction with Vogel. 

The problem with ibaka was it was a massive overpay for a player on an expiring contract that wasn't a star. 

Always had that sensation that Vogel was involved.. Henny was already a puppet at this point? :P

The expiring contract was clearly an issue, but if we keeped him happy, he could have resigned easily. Instead, we chosed a crowded big rotation that has everyone unhappy and ineffective, and lead to a woeful season.

Ibaka at that time was highly considered still, that kind of "unicorn" able to defend, block shots, make 3's that anyone was searching. Team needed defense, and his presence could have covered some of Vuc defects, while not compromising spacing on offense. One between Fournier and Dipo was too much at the time (renovation coming) and management made the wrong choice with the idea that Payton and Victor couldn't coexist (clearly the problem was not Dipo) but clearing the desk on the SG position for a PF upgrade was not that bad, on paper at least.

After being dealt to Toronto, he never get back to Star status, but was still a vital part of the group that lead to the NBA title.

7 hours ago, DjMase31 said:

Yes... but we have the Devos family who interferes

I am 100% certain that Hennigan wouldn't have made that god awful Serge Ibaka trade if he didn't have old man Devos pressuring him to make the playoffs one last time before he croaked. Our ownership meddles with decision making and always has.. and Alex Martins is their henchman. 

Prove me wrong. 

I called out the Oladipo trade immediately and I agree there have been problems with Martins interfering 

Oladipo is one of my favorite Magic players ever despite his short stint here.  He caught way too much flak from certain parts of the fan base who perceived him to be too inconsistent -- of course he was going to be inconsistent as a young guy... you let young guys work through that when the ceiling is so high. 

It was so frustrating when he was traded b/c the signs of stardom were clear: roasting Jimmy Butler any time we played the bulls, going clutch shot for clutch shot with Durant/Westbrook, making huge plays down the stretch against the Rockets, all while playing great defense.  Do I think that he would have reached his current level had he not spent that year in OKC?  Probably not.  But there was evidence from pretty early on that he could become 90% of it.  

52 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Oladipo is one of my favorite Magic players ever despite his short stint here.  He caught way too much flak from certain parts of the fan base who perceived him to be too inconsistent -- of course he was going to be inconsistent as a young guy... you let young guys work through that when the ceiling is so high. 

It was so frustrating when he was traded b/c the signs of stardom were clear: roasting Jimmy Butler any time we played the bulls, going clutch shot for clutch shot with Durant/Westbrook, making huge plays down the stretch against the Rockets, all while playing great defense.  Do I think that he would have reached his current level had he not spent that year in OKC?  Probably not.  But there was evidence from pretty early on that he could become 90% of it.  

I feel pretty much like you do. I was never worried about his shot, i just thought he made too many mistakes and couldn't draw contact around the basket.

Honestly we simply needed a real veteran point guard and he would have blossomed in Orlando.Even though i wish him the best, imagine if he was still here.

The last two years would have been rough on him with our ownership.I'm guessing we would have made the playoffs that one year he was good and lost horribly while he was hurt.Truth is he has had only one good year in this league. Would have been a lot of pressure on him.

. Aaron Gordon, forward, Orlando Magic

The rumblings persist that Orlando might move on from Gordon, who signed a four-year, $76 million deal in July 2018 but who has regressed this season. As our Magic beat writer, Josh Robbins, wrote, the recent knee injury to big man Jonathan Isaac could change this landscape a bit (he’ll be re-evaluated in seven weeks). But long-term, Orlando’s front office of John Hammond and Jeff Weltman must decide whether Isaac and Gordon have too much duplication in their games.

“There is chatter coming from Orlando,” one executive shared on Wednesday.

18 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The rumblings persist that Orlando might move on from Gordon, who signed a four-year, $76 million deal in July 2018 but who has regressed this season. As our Magic beat writer, Josh Robbins, wrote, the recent knee injury to big man Jonathan Isaac could change this landscape a bit (he’ll be re-evaluated in seven weeks). But long-term, Orlando’s front office of John Hammond and Jeff Weltman must decide whether Isaac and Gordon have too much duplication in their games.

Been telling you man. It’s not if but when...

42 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Now that it has been mentioned, it does seem like it. If JI is going to be our cutter then what type of skill set are they looking for to replace AG so there isn't duplication? Any thoughts on who? It seems like it would be a buyers market for AG. Maybe we should hold off and not force it. 

2 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Now that it has been mentioned, it does seem like it. If JI is going to be our cutter then what type of skill set are they looking for to replace AG so there isn't duplication? Any thoughts on who? It seems like it would be a buyers market for AG. Maybe we should hold off and not force it. 

I'm guessing we go for a 3 and D guy who doesn't take ass many shots as AG. 

25 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I'd argue their skill set isn't duplicated at all. 

If there's a problem with Gordon and Isaac playing together it's role, not skill set

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I'd argue their skill set isn't duplicated at all. 

If there's a problem with Gordon and Isaac playing together it's role, not skill set

Fit will be an issue unless one becomes a good 3 point shooter (which Isaac *probably* will become)