Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

On 11/25/2019 at 2:04 PM, Magicpassion said:

Agree, that’s tough to find.

Really, what idiot gives you a - for agreeing with someone? I think I know; I thought we were done playing these games n. I guess not, I’ll be on the look out for you as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

Really, what idiot gives you a - for agreeing with someone? I think I know; I thought we were done playing these games n. I guess not, I’ll be on the look out for you as well.

This forum is a lot more enjoyable if you just ignore the upvotes or downvotes. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This forum is a lot more enjoyable if you just ignore the upvotes or downvotes. 

We don’t get to cash them in for prizes? What a waste.

• Like 2

The illuminati *insert conspiracy here*.  That's why you guys got downvoted. To balance everything.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

The illuminati *insert conspiracy here*.  That's why you guys got downvoted. To balance everything.  

Downvoted by ancient aliens using sacred geometry computers connected to an arcane and esoteric internet

• Like 1

Since the trade deadline is just around the corner, has our play recently changed your mind about what you hope we do? Does anyone still want to trade Vooch? What about Fournier, or Bamba? Their name has come up a few times. Should we even make a trade, or should we let our season ride like it has been going and try and do something next year? Is there someone else you would consider like AG who, to me, is someone untouchable in a trade?

I would venture to say that AG would be the most attractive asset to trade with his contract and overlap at the position, but caution to only deal him if the return is strong and not for just the sake of change. 

We're back in the position that if Vucevic plays like he did the 5 games prior to getting injured he's an all star, a good defensive player, and someone you can run the offense through. 

But we're also now in year 6 of "man if Vucevic plays like that all of the time..."

Gordon is a little frustrating because he's now 13 of 39 on completely wide open threes this year (33%) and on a stretch where he's hit 1 of 8 over the past 3 games. Last 2 years he's been at 38% so you'd think he'd start hitting them soon and bring his numbers back to that benchmark.

Isaac is at 34.7% on wide open threes this year. Post all star last year when he found his shot he was at 40%. 

Our philosophy relies on Gordon and Isaac making wide open catch and shoot threes. Especially if we're playing with fultz and Birch. Having 4 questionable shooters on the floor at the same time isn't going to work long term. And we need the supplementary guys to hit shots. Ross and Bamba are doing their part off the bench. Last 10 games Ross is at 41% from 3 and Bamba is at 46%. DJ is still at 29%. 

We need to replace DJ with a shooter. A great shooter. That's the number one reasonable improvement that we can make. It can be a point guard or a wing (given we still have MCW) but we need that spot upgraded. Because if we're running a rotation of fultz-fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Vucevic mcw-Ross-Bamba we need that 9th guy to shoot. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We're back in the position that if Vucevic plays like he did the 5 games prior to getting injured he's an all star, a good defensive player, and someone you can run the offense through. 

But we're also now in year 6 of "man if Vucevic plays like that all of the time..."

Gordon is a little frustrating because he's now 13 of 39 on completely wide open threes this year (33%) and on a stretch where he's hit 1 of 8 over the past 3 games. Last 2 years he's been at 38% so you'd think he'd start hitting them soon and bring his numbers back to that benchmark.

Isaac is at 34.7% on wide open threes this year. Post all star last year when he found his shot he was at 40%. 

Our philosophy relies on Gordon and Isaac making wide open catch and shoot threes. Especially if we're playing with fultz and Birch. Having 4 questionable shooters on the floor at the same time isn't going to work long term. And we need the supplementary guys to hit shots. Ross and Bamba are doing their part off the bench. Last 10 games Ross is at 41% from 3 and Bamba is at 46%. DJ is still at 29%. 

We need to replace DJ with a shooter. A great shooter. That's the number one reasonable improvement that we can make. It can be a point guard or a wing (given we still have MCW) but we need that spot upgraded. Because if we're running a rotation of fultz-fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Vucevic mcw-Ross-Bamba we need that 9th guy to shoot. 

Wonder if the Pels would bite on DJ, Aminu and a pick for JJ.