Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Grade Our Draft

58 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the Magic for their draft?

• A - Amazing
    • B - Solid
    • C - Not So Good
    • F - Awful

Before the draft, Skiles told Schmitz he knew who the Magic were picking. If the pick was KP, he couldn't say that because he could have gone as high as 2 or 3. And I wanted KP. I was glad the Knicks took him because now I know I won't need to play "what if" with the Magic passing on him over the next few seasons. The only way Skiles' comment makes sense is if the pick was Mario all along.

Mario was skiles top choice

Mario was skiles top choice

He might be. He might not. Could have been Porzingis. Anything afterwards is coach speak. The only thing that would verify either way is if, for instance, Josh Robbins came out and said "yeah, I interviewed Rob before the draft and he said _____ was higher on his big board"

Not everybody is drinking the Koolaid without seeing him play in the NBA.

Could say the same thing about every player ever in the history of the draft.

He might be. He might not. Could have been Porzingis. Anything afterwards is coach speak. The only thing that would verify either way is if, for instance, Josh Robbins came out and said "yeah, I interviewed Rob before the draft and he said _____ was higher on his big board"

Kyler mentioned it a few days before the draft on Philly sports radio. Said Mario was Skiles' top choice.

Kyler mentioned it a few days before the draft on Philly sports radio. Said Mario was Skiles' top choice.

Kyler tends to be grouped in with those who break news after the news is already broken. I discount everything he says.

That being said, I don't really care who was at the top of our list. He was at the top of my list. That's all I care about.

Can anyone list factually who worked out for the Magic before the draft ?...Any top 10 talents ?...Winslow ?

I know Porzingus was in twice and WCS.

Regardless, I think it is wasted energy to delve into Rob's "first choice". It doesn't matter now. The Orlando Magic picked Mario. And it's an awesome pick. To fault Rob on a pick that never or could have happened on a player who may or may not be a superstar is very silly. Observe this:

The Magic is slowly amassing a team of highly versatile players. Thus far on the draft, it seems Magic officials targeted scoring. Looking at our roster now, compared to when Dwight exited, as a Magic fan I can't help but be VERY excited. Plus we have a new coach with a history of turning winless teams into playoff contenders. That's Skiles' repertoire -- Phoenix, Chicago, Milwaukee -- non playoff teams the year prior then BOOM. People can fault Henny about the Vaughn hire, but say we were good the first 3 years post Dwight, we would not have the lottery type picks that now includes Mario. The way I see it, Henny was part of making us suck so we can be very good moving forward. All that sucking is going to pay off starting this November.

And everyone here cry about Frye. Frye's numbers were excellent prior to his coming, and we needed it. Hey he is also Harris's cousin on a potential re-contract year. So he sucked last year, he wasn't Rob's original first choice. He clearly wanted the PF from Toronto. So do we not fault him for picking Frye because it seems people here want to crucify him for POSSIBLY wanting to PICK Porzingis first. Do we start crucifying people for things that didn't even happen????

Kyler tends to be grouped in with those who break news after the news is already broken. I discount everything he says.

That being said, I don't really care who was at the top of our list. He was at the top of my list. That's all I care about.

That is how I feel. I dont care how our board may have looked. I just care that we got Mario and did not need to lose assets. It will pan out in the end.