Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Grade Our Draft

58 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the Magic for their draft?

• A - Amazing
    • B - Solid
    • C - Not So Good
    • F - Awful

After a rough season, we clearly needed shooting and interior defense. We checked one of those boxes twice with Mario and Tyler. Going into the draft, I wanted Russell, Winslow or Mario. While Mario seems to be a bit unpredictable at times, I trust that Skiles will mold him into a great young team player. And frankly, we need more fire on this team.

Grade: A

Go Magic!

I think it is solid, I like the Hezonja pick. I was a little surprised with the Tyler Harvey pick in round two, as we are already a bit heavy at the 2/3 positions. I think the Magic have an option on Ben Gordon for this year, so I would not be surprised if we don't pick up his option; I also think that it doesn't bode well for Harkless' and/or Marble's futures with the team; but we will see. I think we are going to see a lot more moves from the front office between now and training camp.

C+/B-. I know there is a lot of Hezonja love here, but it's a very boom or bust pick. I'll give Rob credit for having balls to do it, but I want to see him actually play before professing my love for the guy.

Grade: A

As some have already mentioned, Rob swang for the fences with Mario and definitely did not play it safe. Time will tell if it pays off, but it seems like from a talent perspective Hezonja brings a combination of shooting and athleticism that frankly can't be matched in this draft class. If he keeps his head on straight and buys into Skiles system, he could be a major scoring threat and a potential star in the league.

I like that he's a gym rat, that seems a common theme for all our young guys and I like his swag, which this team seems to be lacking a bit. Really excited to see what this kid can do and what this team might be capable of in 2-3 years.

C+/B-. I know there is a lot of Hezonja love here, but it's a very boom or bust pick. I'll give Rob credit for having balls to do it, but I want to see him actually play before professing my love for the guy.

Don't understand the grade if you're waiting to see him play first. You could say that about every player in the draft. Makes no sense.

Don't understand the grade if you're waiting to see him play first. You could say that about every player in the draft. Makes no sense.

I'm not a fan of Mario, hence the grade. I'll wait to see him play before being harsh, but I'm one of the few not on the Hezonja hype train.

I'm not a fan of Mario, hence the grade. I'll wait to see him play before being harsh, but I'm one of the few not on the Hezonja hype train.

What are you not a fan of specifically? The shooting range? The athleticism? The swag? Or you don't like him because others seem to?

About a kid who has been playing professional basketball since he was 13?

About a kid who has been playing professional basketball since he was 13?

Not everybody is drinking the Koolaid without seeing him play in the NBA.

• Upvote 1