Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

I don't see it like this at all. I have no doubt in my mind Skiles could accomplish the same things Thibs has in Chicago, which wasn't much given the talent of the team.

This in a nutshell!!!! Gave you a +1 guy!

I'm ok with this hired. Not thrilled. not disappointed. I still wish we could've had that homerun hit but I still believe in Henny. So if he thinks this is the right man for the job then I'm on board. I'm just excited to have a guy at the helm so we can have direction for this team

magic ownership sucks

no "process" to this hire

easily the worst part. If Hennigan had interviewed multiple candidates and this was his guy, then so be it. Teams with upper management like this rarely amount to much

then again, it worked with Joe Lacob and Steve Kerr

This article is from 2007, and Skiles was already adjusting to the new NBA. I'm more and more impressed with his coaching. Has potential to be our Carlisle.

Only problem is our best offensive player is in the post and we have inconsistent shooters (though potentially good ones).

easily the worst part. If Hennigan had interviewed multiple candidates and this was his guy, then so be it. Teams with upper management like this rarely amount to much

then again, it worked with Joe Lacob and Steve Kerr

seems like they just interviewed woodson to say they could tell people they conducted a search

ownership needs to let people do their jobs, and if skiles fails guess who will take the heat? hennigan

seems like they just interviewed woodson to say they could tell people they conducted a search

ownership needs to let people do their jobs, and if skiles fails guess who will take the heat? hennigan

Skiles woodson attempted Brooks but he wasn't interested and now Thibs. How many more should they interview.

Edit: they probably interviewed woodson because he is a minority.

Only problem is our best offensive player is in the post and we have inconsistent shooters (though potentially good ones).

I wasn't trying to say we should run that offense; we don't have the personnel to do it. I was more impressed with Skiles being adaptive to the changing flow of the game.

The Skiles potential hiring gives me the feeling that Vooch may be on the trade block, all be it at an extremely high price.

Bogut was considered the #2 center in the league under Skiles until the injury bug hit him. Vuc could very well thrive under Skiles' coaching.

The Skiles potential hiring gives me the feeling that Vooch may be on the trade block, all be it at an extremely high price.

Why's that? He just signed an extension, too

Andrew Bogut was thought of as someone who did not reach his potential before Scott Skiles got ahold of him. Their offense was centered around the post game and their defense thrived with him at center.

I have no idea why you think we would trade Vuch at 24 years old and being a fundamentally sound 7 ft. scorer.