Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I'm amazed no one else has mentioned that starting this season the NBA's playoff seeding will be based solely on record. Division champions no longer a factor in seeding going forward, which may make it harder for the Magic to make the playoffs.

Darren Wolfson ✔@DWolfsonKSTPHear former #Twolves center & @Wellefast workout warrior Greg Stiemsma is close to a deal w/ the #Magic. Would be non-guaranteed. #badgers

Stiemsma made an impression in the league as a shot-blocker, but he didn’t block a single shot for the Raptors last season. He played just 66 minutes in 17 games, but that should tell you something about where Stiemsma is now.

The Magic are pretty well set at center with Nikola Vucevic, Jason Smith and Dewayne Dedmon. With several players capable of playing power forward – Channing Frye, Aaron Gordon, Andrew Nicholson and Tobias Harris – Orlando probably won’t play big much, either.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Stiemsma uses his experience to outplay his competition in training camp. With a win-now coach like Scott Skiles, that could get Stiemsma onto the regular-season roster.

http://nba.nbcsports...-greg-stiemsma/

I'm amazed no one else has mentioned that starting this season the NBA's playoff seeding will be based solely on record. Division champions no longer a factor in seeding going forward, which may make it harder for the Magic to make the playoffs.

It won't effect the magic at all

It won't but if they said...the 16 best teams in the nba by record will surely make the playoffs, then that right there will be a problem.

It won't but if they said...the 16 best teams in the nba by record will surely make the playoffs, then that right there will be a problem.

Yeah. But that's getting rid of conferences. Getting rid of divisions the same 16 tabs make the playoffs but there's a different seeding order

Well the reports coming out and what I was told this weekend in a drunken haze is that Aaron Gordon is expected to START this season, and it will most likely be at PF - which as we know is essentially SF part 2.

The projected starting line up is pretty obvious - Elf-Victor-Harris-Gordon- Vuc.

Im more interested in Nicholson versus Frye for that backup 4 spot.

I really don't see another scenario that makes any sense if we are interested in winning at all, kind of an obvious statement considering the serious decline of Frye.

The projected lineup is obvious, correct, albeit not ideal. We need Gordon to be consistent and a better SF to have a net positive starting unit.

Frye, and what he was once capable of, would be a great fit for our backup PF. We are in the midst of his end-of-career decline though, so I agree with the Nicholson comment. He is far more useful than most here consider. I like him on a playoff Magic team because he likes to mix things up, I like how he treats other four's when he's on the floor. All he needs is a dangerous/consistent three and he is a total net positive.

I really don't see another scenario that makes any sense if we are interested in winning at all, kind of an obvious statement considering the serious decline of Frye.

The projected lineup is obvious, correct, albeit not ideal. We need Gordon to be consistent and a better SF to have a net positive starting unit.

Frye, and what he was once capable of, would be a great fit for our backup PF. We are in the midst of his end-of-career decline though, so I agree with the Nicholson comment. He is far more useful than most here consider. I like him on a playoff Magic team because he likes to mix things up, I like how he treats other four's when he's on the floor. All he needs is a dangerous/consistent three and he is a total net positive.

I think Nicholson will break out this year. He will become a poor man's Tim Duncan. Wow!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1