Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

That's not what what I was saying nor what the stats were suggesting, they showed that Harris' production with the starters is the worst when compared to the other starters and the team off/def efficiency ratio reaches its nadir. In other words, the starters play better individually and we play better as a team when Harris isn't on the floor at the same time with the starters. Spelled out completely: He is better suited for the bench. I believe one of the first sentences outlined that clearly, not sure where you got usage WRT his ability from...which in itself pointless as almost any NBA player can seem like a star with low usage.

It may have been long, I don't usually post my research into my opinion for the sake of being succinct. I figured it necessary since I don't have the ability to post near-baseless opinion repeatedly as if its fact to the point where many think it must be true. Illusion of Truth?

Fair enough. I took it as Harris takes all the shots, but isn't a player who is supposed to take all the shots (but he has to here). Once he becomes a second or third banana like he's supposed to be, he and the team will be better.

I kind of see it as a good thing for the Lakers.

Yeah, I guess Hibbert isn't really all that good. It'll still probably make them mad though.

Fair enough. I took it as Harris takes all the shots, but isn't a player who is supposed to take all the shots (but he has to here). Once he becomes a second or third banana like he's supposed to be, he and the team will be better.

Well, I suppose explained that way its hard to discern the difference, so I would have to agree. Although, he is already our second or third banana-depending on how you rate Vic. Nik is our runaway first banana, regardless of your favored metric. So, it's more like 4th or 5th banana for Harris..which brings us back to the bench concept.

Just a thought on the depth chart: Harkless, Nicholson and Fournier are in contract years so it may make sense to give all three of them a decent role to start the year as they may have some value at the trade deadline or even prove to be a piece we want to keep under Skiles.

Just a thought on the depth chart: Harkless, Nicholson and Fournier are in contract years so it may make sense to give all three of them a decent role to start the year as they may have some value at the trade deadline or even prove to be a piece we want to keep under Skiles.

Of those, I only care about Fournier. Aren't enough minutes for them to all get enough burn to increase their trade value.

Well, I suppose explained that way its hard to discern the difference, so I would have to agree. Although, he is already our second or third banana-depending on how you rate Vic. Nik is our runaway first banana, regardless of your favored metric. So, it's more like 4th or 5th banana for Harris..which brings us back to the bench concept.

I actually prefer Harris on the bench. I don't know much about the numbers but visually, it seemed the starting lineup played a lot better on both ends without him in it.

I would like to see Payton/Dipo/Hezonja/AG/Vuc lineup.

Your assertion was that he already failed as a PG and was moved to SG, which was incorrect

He has been playing SG for the Jazz more and more. So it's not incorrect. When a team states that their biggest need is PG after just drafting one, and you can 't read the writing on the wall, thats your problem.

That's not what what I was saying nor what the stats were suggesting, they showed that Harris' production with the starters is the worst when compared to the other starters and the team off/def efficiency ratio reaches its nadir. In other words, the starters play better individually and we play better as a team when Harris isn't on the floor at the same time with the starters. Spelled out completely: He is better suited for the bench. I believe one of the first sentences outlined that clearly, not sure where you got usage WRT his ability from...which in itself pointless as almost any NBA player can seem like a star with low usage.

It may have been long, I don't usually post my research into my opinion for the sake of being succinct. I figured it necessary since I don't have the ability to post near-baseless opinion repeatedly as if its fact to the point where many think it must be true. Illusion of Truth?

Near baseless opinion? Wow, thats a pretty strong reach for someone who is looking at the wrong+/- stats.

And Catman (as usual) comes in and proves my previous point in response to Trey re: Illusion of Truth.

Mods: I couldn't go back far enough in my post history to pull up the stats i mentioned in bold above. Am I doing something wrong? I can only seem to go back three posts

* Imagine what that four man lineup could be like with an improved AG in there as the fifth man instead of Harris, or with Hedonism instead of Fournier, or both!

Acorrding to your link for plus minus, the worst players on our team are Harris, Oladipo and Vuc. Did you process that when you made this long winded response and called my information baseless? Or did you knowingly go into an argument basing your entire opinion on numbers that do not accurately reflect the players actual performance?

Look, make life easy on yourself and go to basketball reference. The stats are laid out a lot better and make a lot more sense. If you truly think Vuc and Oladipo and Harris are the worst players on this team. I don't know what else to tell you.

Especially getting down voted just for saying that Magical is full of ****. Should be the one time BJ gets an up vote.

Except he isn't. And I have stated multiple times I know the guy and he has been connected to the Magic and is friends with a lot of folks there since the team started. Why you constantly craft posts saying the same thing about him ill never know, but you act like he kicked your ass in a fight or something.

NOBODY will get inside info that is correct every time. No one. Only guy who gets that exception is Woj that I am aware of.

I can't believe I'm having to defend Dwight on Slam's FB page but Laker fans are so god damn stupid I have no other choice. He's the difference between Magic fans and Laker fans:

Magic fans: Dwight is an ass, but if we had a competent GM he would probably still be here and have a couple rings on his finger.

Laker fans: Dwight Howard sucks, why did we ever get him? Who would be so stupid to leave Kobe. Honestly, Bosh and Jefferson are better centers (<--- that was actually said).