Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

When mentioning the drivers seat, the Magic didn't desperately overpay anyone like other organizations felt the need to. Most of all, the Magic aren't catering to one individual primadonna like the Magic's previous GM, Otis Smith, did. I don't care if we don't do anything in free agency this season. As long as the Magic aren't handcuffed to birds.

this team needs to get better, internal growth alone is not enough

we need some veterans who can play aka not channing "i dont rotate on defense" frye to be on the court with these guys late in games

Looks like the Mavericks have hit on two of their main targets, and not managed to screw things up again by not being able to attract them (though missing out on Deron Williams is probably a good thing in hindsight).

Wes Matthews and DeAndre Jordan in their line up gives them 4/5ths of a line that should be very competitive in the west. Also, agreed a deal with Richard Jefferson.

Any way we can get Terrance Jones? Man i love his game. Damn Houston for taking him 1 spot before us in 2012.

Potential sign and trade could have Hibbert replacing Jordan in LA. That's probably the best the Clips can hope for at this point.

With Jordan and newly signed shooting guard Wesley Matthews joining holdovers Chandler Parsons and Dirk Nowitzki, four-fifths of the Mavericks' starting lineup is finished. To complete the group, Dallas will have to get creative. Signing Jordan and Matthews outright would take up essentially all of the Mavericks' cap space. To add more talent, they'll have to hope to complete a sign-and-trade. Fortunately, the Clippers also have huge incentive to complete a series of transactions that would allow Dallas to spend an additional $7-9 million dollars, depending where the cap falls.

The ideal scenario for both teams would probably work like this: The Mavericks would sign Matthews and other free agents while maintaining Monta Ellis' $10.9 million cap hold on the books. Then Dallas could sign and trade Ellis to the Indiana Pacers, who agreed to sign him for $44 million over four years Thursday, in exchange for center Roy Hibbert. The Mavericks would then in turn send Hibbert to the Clippers in a sign-and-trade deal for Jordan.

While there are some complicated cap gymnastics involved because of the base-year contract provision of the CBA -- the Mavericks would have to be under the cap with Ellis' first-year salary to swap him to Indiana without including another player, and the Clippers would likely have to renounce the rights to their own free agents (notably Austin Rivers) and waive nonguaranteed players to be under the tax line when they added Hibbert because of salary-matching restrictions on taxpaying teams -- such a deal looks like a win-win-win. Dallas gets more spending power in free agency, Indiana sheds Hibbert's salary in order to add more frontcourt depth, and the Clippers get a replacement for Jordan, which would be impossible for them to find in free agency.

http://espn.go.com/n...-jordan-signing

Any way we can get Terrance Jones? Man i love his game. Damn Houston for taking him 1 spot before us in 2012.

I don't know about Terrance Jones. He has always struck me as the type of guy you will always be watching and saying to yourself, "why is this guy not doing more with this level of talent?"

been sick but updated the free agency list...

any rumors for the magic worth listening to?

only rumors in last 48 hrs is we're willing to match everything for Tobias & we have interest in Quincy Acy.

Not surprising. From Boston Globe reporter:

‏@GwashburnGlobe

League sources say #Magic fully intend to match any offer sheet for Tobias Harris, meaning interested teams such as #celtics unlikely to bid

Not surprising. From Boston Globe reporter:

‏@GwashburnGlobe

League sources say #Magic fully intend to match any offer sheet for Tobias Harris, meaning interested teams such as #celtics unlikely to bid

Music to my ears

Was just thinking...

If Demarre Caroll is worth 15mil ( age 29 )

Tobias is worth 15mil ( age 22 )

am i wrong?

Was just thinking...

If Demarre Caroll is worth 15mil ( age 29 )

Tobias is worth 15mil ( age 22 )

am i wrong?

I don't think that's a fair comparison because DeMarre was not playing like this his whole career. Seems more like a contract year to me. I think he'll probably drop significantly next year.

I'd say Tobias is 7-10mil guy.