Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I mean. That's an apples to oranges situation. If we had had Ryno the past 3 years no way we'd have had the draft position to get Dipo and AG.

See, I get that, but I don't think it's really true. Was Ryan Anderson going to win us 10 more games a year? No way. Maybe we picked 3rd or 4th and "had" to draft B-Mac or Noel 2 years ago. Last year maybe we pick a couple spots back, and most likely AG would still be there.

I get the idea of cleaning house like we did because we wanted to win the lottery game, but looking back, Anderson wouldn't have changed that much if at all. Frye and Anderson are making almost identical money now. Hindsight is just funny. Obviously if we got Wiggins or Parker I wouldn't even be typing this right now, I just don't think Anderson would have changed us from being a terrible team and now that were looking to turn the corner he would be nice to have. He's 26. Not to mention, that trade was an absolute joke.

• Upvote 2

See, I get that, but I don't think it's really true. Was Ryan Anderson going to win us 10 more games a year? No way. Maybe we picked 3rd or 4th and "had" to draft B-Mac or Noel 2 years ago. Last year maybe we pick a couple spots back, and most likely AG would still be there.

I get the idea of cleaning house like we did because we wanted to win the lottery game, but looking back, Anderson wouldn't have changed that much if at all. Frye and Anderson are making almost identical money now. Hindsight is just funny. Obviously if we got Wiggins or Parker I wouldn't even be typing this right now, I just don't think Anderson would have changed us from being a terrible team and now that were looking to turn the corner he would be nice to have. He's 26. Not to mention, that trade was an absolute joke.

It's really hard to say for sure, but I don't think he would have changed our win total much(that is just my opinion though). Anyone who watched the Magic this season knows Frye was pretty terrible this season even if he did shoot 39% from 3. Saying, "Oh we didn't really sign him to 8 mil per because the cap will be lower soon," is simply a cop out in my opinion. It was one of Hennigan's few mistakes(and he's made VERY few in my opinion, especially considering his age and experience).

I wouldn't have been as upset about Anderson if we at least got something in return. At least we got Harris for Redick.

Remember that Hennigan was hired in June and Ryan was already a RFA. Unlike the Redick mid-season trade, Hennigan didn't really have much leverage when NO made their offer in July. He could have matched the NO offer, but I can't imagine ownership was ready to spend 8+million/year on him as they were bracing for the inevitable Howard trade and uncertainty of what the team would look like after that.

If memory serves me right Ryan was a UFA and we got something instead of nothing. On the other hand if we afforded to pay people to go away we could have kept him at $9M per. He is a LOT better than Frye.

If memory serves me right Ryan was a UFA and we got something instead of nothing. On the other hand if we afforded to pay people to go away we could have kept him at $9M per. He is a LOT better than Frye.

But we didn't get something. Him being a free agent has no real bearing because he wanted to stay here

2015 Free Agents:

Point Guards

Goran Dragic (Player Option)

Brandon Knight (RFA)

Rajon Rondo (UFA)

Reggie Jackson (RFA)

Patrick Beverley (RFA)

Maurice Williams (UFA)

Jeremy Lin (UFA)

Jameer Nelson (Player Option)

Randy Foye (Team Option)

Jose Juan Barea (UFA)

Norris Cole (RFA)

Nate Robinson (UFA)

Raymond Felton (Player Option)

Shooting Guards

Jimmy Butler (RFA)

Dwayne Wade (Player Option)

Monta Ellis (Player Option)

Jamal Crawford (Team Option)

Aaron Afflalo (Player Option)

Wesley Matthews (UFA)

Manu Ginobili (UFA)

JR Smith (Player Option)

Gerald Green (UFA)

Danny Green (UFA)

Louis Williams (UFA)

Iman Shumpert (RFA)

KJ McDaniels (UFA)

Rodney Stuckey (UFA)

Marco Belinelli (UFA)

Eric Gordon (Player Option)

Gerald Henderson (Player Option)

Marcus Thorton (UFA)

Gary Neal (UFA)

Jared Dudley (Player Option)

Small Forwards

Lebron James (Player Option)

Kawhi Leonard (RFA)

Draymond Green (RFA)

Jeff Green (Player Option)

Luol Deng (Player Option)

Khris Middleton (RFA)

Josh Smith (UFA)

Tobias Harris (RFA)

Wilson Chandler (Team Option)

Paul Pierce (Player Option)

DeMarre Carroll (UFA)

Matt Barnes (Team Option)

Chase Budinger (Player Option)

Mike Dunleavy (UFA)

Tayshaun Prince (UFA)

Shawn Marion (UFA)

Kyle Singler (RFA)

Anderi Kirilenko (UFA)

Derrick Williams (RFA)

Landy Fields (UFA)

Mirza Teletovic (UFA)

Power Forwards

LaMarcus Aldridge (UFA)

Kevin Love (Player Option)

Paul Millsap (UFA)

David West (Player Option)

Thaddeus Young (Player Option)

Tristan Thompson (RFA)

Brandon Bass (UFA)

Amir Johnson (UFA)

Ed Davis (Player Option)

Carlos Boozer (UFA)

Amare Stoudemire (UFA)

Kevin Garnett (UFA)

Pero Antic (RFA)

Jonas Jerebko (UFA)

Thomas Robinson (UFA)

Centers

Marc Gasol (UFA)

Brook Lopez (Player Option)

Roy Hibbert (Player Option)

DeAndre Jordan (UFA)

Al Jerfferson (Player Option)

Nikola Vucevic (RFA)

Omer Asik (UFA)

Robin Lopez (UFA)

Enes Kanter (RFA)

Brandon Wright (UFA)

Tyson Chandler (UFA)

Who interests you?

Bump as we get closer to the off-season

But we didn't get something. Him being a free agent has no real bearing because he wanted to stay here

He wanted to stay at a 6.5 million dollar raise. I'm not saying he wasn't deserving. But why should the front office have put that much money into a contract as the team was heading into a rebuild? Yes, that's what we're paying Frye now, but it's not like we offered 8 million to Frye that same off-season. I'm not defending the Frye signing, but to say we should have held on to Anderson because he made as much as Frye this season isn't really fair to the front office.

And it's not like our defense would be much better with Anderson in at the 4 either.

Bump as we get closer to the off-season

Amir Johnson is high for me off that list. Lou Williams would be awesome as a 6th man. Danny Green and Wes Matthews as well.