Sign in to follow this  
zollman

Vucevic extended 4yr 48 million w up to 5 mil in incentives

Sources told ESPN.com that Vucevic has received a new four-year deal from the Magic worth $53 million that will kick in starting with the 2014-15 season.

This according to Marc Stein of ESPN. Is he confused, or does this contract actually start this year?

Sources told ESPN.com that Vucevic has received a new four-year deal from the Magic worth $53 million that will kick in starting with the 2014-15 season.

This according to Marc Stein of ESPN. Is he confused, or does this contract actually start this year?

48 mil with 5mil in incentives over 4yrs

Contract kicks in after rookie deal

Looks like $22M left for 2015 after the Vucevic signing. Gives us a lot of options.

The Magic will exercise their team options to keep Victor Oladipo, Maurice Harkless, Evan Fournier and Andrew Nicholson on their rookie scale contracts through the 2015/16 season. These moves come to no surprise for Magic fans as those players make up some of the young core they have established on their roster.

Oladipo's $5.19MM salary will be the highest committed salary out of all the players mentioned above. Oladipo was the second overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft. He earned a All-Rookie First Team honors and was runner-up for the Rookie of the Year award in his first season. He has caught the eye of multiple NBA Stars throughout the league and hopes to take his game to another level this upcoming season.

The Magic picking up the four options will add $12.75MM to the $14.87MM already committed to Channing Frye, Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton, giving the Magic a total of $27.60MM of committed salary. This leaves them with $35.40MM of cap space left (assuming they get rid of the non-guaranteed contracts of Ben Gordon, Luke Ridnour, Dewayne Dedmon and Roy Devyn Marble), which is more than enough room to work with on extensions for Tobias Harris and Nikola Vucevic. The Magic also have Kyle O'Quinn due to be a Unrestricted Free-Agent this offseason.

http://network.yardb...layers/17536865

Great signing.

Very well done all around.

I'd be interested to know what kind of money Tobs is asking for.

Hearing he wants 12 :/

Hearing he wants 12 :/

If he gets that he better be the starting PF and Channing needs to come off the bench.

If the Magic do get Tobias at 8, which is what they want, they will have 14mm left to go after a solid player in Free agency.

Conversely, they could say no and call K Leonard's agent and see if he is going to extend. If he does not, they could throw the max at him and possibly have a World finals MVP, lock down defender and wing anchor playing next to Aaron Gordon for the next 5 years.

I think Leonard extends, but this is a possibility if he does not.

I think anything under about $10M per sounds about right for Tobias. 4yrs/$38M is my prediction. I envisioned us having a little more than $14M if he signed at $8Mper, is that based on the current cap?