Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

I'm sorry guys...i lost the game for us yesterday by mentioning that the Hornets should play....-gulp-..........Jannero Pargo.

The Pargo Curse is one of the strangest Magic traditions. So weird. Do you think The Pargo even knows it? Is every light green as he drives to the arena for Magic games?

Pargo is our most consistent curse.

I'm trying to think of the other "Magic Killers" over time. Pargo comes to mind, as does Baron Davis (he would always go off on us). Trevor Ariza also seems to have great games against us now (at least that I recall), but I don't think of him as much of a "killer" since he isn't a very large individual scoring threat.

Can anyone think of any other "Magic Killers" over time?

I'm trying to think of the other "Magic Killers" over time. Pargo comes to mind, as does Baron Davis (he would always go off on us). Trevor Ariza also seems to have great games against us now (at least that I recall), but I don't think of him as much of a "killer" since he isn't a very large individual scoring threat.

Can anyone think of any other "Magic Killers" over time?

Ummm Chauncey Billups!? He was a certified Magic killer.

That entire Pistons team..was impossible to beat.

Even Maxiell use to kill us. We surely didn't have any toughness to beat them just like against the Celtics. We also could not get over that Phoenix team of the mid 2000's with Nash and Amare. These teams had favorable calls and mental edge over us.

If you remember back in the days, you'd remember that Mo Peterson(Raptors), Dan Gadzuric(Bucks), Jon Barry(Rockets), Allan Houston(Knicks), Elton Brand(Clippers), Mike Miller(Early Grizzlies), and most of all Smush Parker(Lakers).

Most relevant would have been Joe Johnson when he was with the Hawks. That floater was unstoppable and we had no two guard ever in our history that could guard him.

I wonder.....what did the Magic do to these guys to piss them off so much that they practice hard just for us.

I wonder.....what did the Magic do to these guys to piss them off so much that they practice hard just for us.

Sometimes I feel like these were simply self-fulfilling prophesies - as in Magic reporters reminded Pargo and/or other guys how well they played us last time, and it naturally gives them more confidence to go off on us.

And to be fair, the entire Pistons team went off on EVERYBODY, not just the magic. Billups was a killer to 29 other NBA teams.