Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Mid-Summer Power Rankings from NBA.com

Well...............

Erm. Yeah. Junkie needs psychiatric aid whether if its serious or if he's a trolling. Trolls find time to waste on the internet because they lack direction or are just angry at the world; American History X. This may be a case of severe repudiation.

For all I know, Junkie was kicked into Leonidas' pit crashing into a mound of bodies. There he awoke at dusk. Gathering his senses, he turned his head towards a fire. A discharge of smoldering flesh.

There he found two hooded figures crouched around a fire near the walls within the darkness. Revealing their faces; the reanimated corpses of Mike Bianchi and and Brian Schmitz feeding off the.....perineum of Jon Barry????

-------

Well, to end this thread, these power rankings won't mean anything till the Magic start playing ball. These power rankings are a fabrication of an unknown and distant future.

A random mention of American History X, a 300 metaphor that ended with an Orlando Sentinel joke and the phrase "fabrication of an unknown and distant future"...

... Possibly the strangest post I've ever read.

A random mention of American History X, a 300 metaphor that ended with an Orlando Sentinel joke and the phrase "fabrication of an unknown and distant future"...

... Possibly the strangest post I've ever read.

Glad I could spark your emotions through the high pressure gradients of a hurricane.

Also, consider we were the third worst team last season. We're starting from a point of #28 and didn't sign a potential hall of famer so we aren't going to jump much.

I noticed that.

He really just followed the order of last seasons finish with small changes unless any huge personal moves were made (i.e. Heat and Cavs).

I expect us to be a lot more competitive this year but a realistic goal with so much youth on this team is 30 to 35 wins. Next season will probably be the one where we return to the playoffs but this season should be more entertaining with the obvious tanking behind us.

• Upvote 1

I noticed that.

He really just followed the order of last seasons finish with small changes unless any huge personal moves were made (i.e. Heat and Cavs).

I expect us to be a lot more competitive this year but a realistic goal with so much youth on this team is 30 to 35 wins. Next season will probably be the one where we return to the playoffs but this season should be more entertaining with the obvious tanking behind us.

I need to see at least a preseason game first. We have a bunch of young players.

Worst case scenario we have a bunch of borderline starters that still need time to develop. We win something like 20 games.

Best case scenario, oladipo plays to his potential, Payton plays to his potential and they become a terror on defense. Harris becomes a consistent scorer. Gordon returns to his old form of becoming a devastating 4th quarter scorer. We become the team everyone hates to play on the second night of back to backs. 8th seed and we give Cleveland a bit of a scare early in the first round by winning game 1. 39 wins.

Our offense, build philosophy and team construction is eerily familiar to Toronto's, and they made the leap into the playoffs faster than many expected.

I look at Toronto's roster, and besides Derozan, don't see anyone who makes me think they are substantially better than we are. They are more proven at PG, but I think Elfrid will be better down the road than anyone they have.

• Upvote 1

All I can add to this convo is that I'm extremely satisfied with where this team is now compared to where we were. People on here seem to forget what our roster was a few years ago. Does anyone remember watching Duhon struggle to get the ball up the court or a 48 year old Turk going 0-18 in a game or Fat baby Davis being are 2nd option on offense. So Junkie I could see how you could be negative with the past but not the present or future.

We are young and we have a lot of talent that a lot of other teams would love to get their hands on. I personally can't wait to see how exciting it will be to watch this team compete every night and grow together.

Magic 2012-2013 Roster

Aaron Afflalo / Big Baby / Harkless / Al Harrington / Vucevic / Tobias Harris / Dequan Jones / Jameer / Doron Lamb / Josh McRoberts / Etwaun Moore / Andrew Nicholson / Kyle O’Quinn / J.J / Ish Smith / Hedo / Beno Udrih / / Gustavo Ayon

Magic 2014-2015 Roster

Aaron Gordon / Tobias Harris / Oladipo / Harkless / Elfrid Payton / Vucevic / Channing Frye / Dedmon / Evan Fournier / Ben Gordon / Willie Green / Devyn Marble / Andrew Nicholson / Kyle Oquinn / / Luke Ridnour

• Upvote 1

Our offense, build philosophy and team construction is eerily familiar to Toronto's, and they made the leap into the playoffs faster than many expected.

I look at Toronto's roster, and besides Derozan, don't see anyone who makes me think they are substantially better than we are. They are more proven at PG, but I think Elfrid will be better down the road than anyone they have.

I'm hoping for Toronto's sake Derozan makes that next leap in development. They have a great fan base up there, and sexy Canadianese.

Here's another Summer Power Ranking from RantSports just posted this afternoon....They have us last in the Eastern Conference.

15. Orlando Magic

The Orlando Magic are blatantly in the midst of a grand rebuilding scheme. There is some young talent on this squad, but that just means a plethora of inexperience. The Magic may be able to put together the right pieces eventually, but it will be quite a few years before this team will be considered contenders again.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/07/29/2014-15-nba-eastern-conference-preseason-power-rankings/#slide3

Matt Moore of CBSSports had the Magic ranked 23 at season's end but after the summer of Henny dropped us 4 spots to 27...

I'm playing the skeptic card here with the Magic to temper my excitement with them. Their record over the last two months of the season was horrific. But watching them play, particularly when Nikola Vucevic was healthy, this team has some talent. Victor Oladipo was incredibly underrated. They are stocked to the rafters with young, talented defenders. They'll make mistakes. But I also think with the additions of Luke Ridnour and Channing Frye, that if just one of their rookies can make an impact, this team could be dangerous. Or ... they could be horrible again. That works, too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/powerrankings

• Upvote 1

It's obvious Junkie just does this stuff to annoy people. It's pretty sad that a grown man would be so low class over and over again.