CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

LA will pick him up. They need an offensive talent to play next to Kobe and to groom.

Ok so this explains why Philly may be looking at Porz.

If LA takes Russell we get a huge break. It means that Philly will reach on Mudiay or Porz most likely. It also means that Okafor will be there for the Knicks and Winslow will fall to us.

This is all very good stuff.

Also, AG was a gamble and anything but a sure thing.

The only "safe" players that were on the board and would have been a reasonable pick at that time were Smart and Randle. I agree that AG was a reach, but I think he was kind of a safe pick, as well. Weird dynamics, but that's how I see it anyway.

• Upvote 1

So Russell cancelled his Philly workouts which means he's got a promise at 2 or he wants to force a move to 4 or 5

4 maybe. Doubt he's forcing himself here.

I have a feeling we pick WCS. Dude works hard and Rob talking about that shooting thing. And with Skiles in the mix as a defensive guy seems like a lock to me.

Has anyone mentioned Larry Sanders' name? He was meh first year then jumped up the next year. I expect a better version of that. Just hope the whole Trill thing doesn't get to his head.

Mike from wilmington, de [via mobile]

Hey Kevin, what are your thoughts on russell canceling his visit w/ the sixers this wknd? Do u think he got a promise from the lakers? If so, I would think it's inevitable that hinkie picks mudiay come draft night. #trusttheprocess

Kevin Pelton (3:03 PM)

I have always believed in Occam's Razor. In this case, the most likely explanation is he's sick. If he doesn't reschedule before the draft, then it's time to consider the alternative theories.

http://espn.go.com/s...er-kevin-pelton

If LA takes Russell we get a huge break. It means that Philly will reach on Mudiay or Porz most likely. It also means that Okafor will be there for the Knicks and Winslow will fall to us.

I don't think we go Winslow. He is going to be there at 5th pick. I think we go WCS; the more I think of it.

Let's say Towns is gone at 1. Which he will be. Russel goes 2 to LA. Philly goes Porz. What if Knicks went Mudiay or WCS over okafor? It's a complete dream scenario but damn I would love getting Okafor.

I still don't buy Philly passing on Russell, but if LA goes russell at 2 (which I personally think could have legs) than it would be interesting to see what Philly does. Do they love Mudiay? Would they take Porz for sure in that situation or go okafor?

Just saying things gets really interesting if the first 2 go anything but Towns and Okafor.

Let's say Towns is gone at 1. Which he will be. Russel goes 2 to LA. Philly goes Porz. What if Knicks went Mudiay or WCS over okafor? It's a complete dream scenario but damn I would love getting Okafor.

I still don't buy Philly passing on Russell, but if LA goes russell at 2 (which I personally think could have legs) than it would be interesting to see what Philly does. Do they love Mudiay? Would they take Porz for sure in that situation or go okafor?

Just saying things gets really interesting if the first 2 go anything but Towns and Okafor.

sounds like the lakers already locked in on okafor

I honestly don't feel Winslow is our target. Isn't he an duplicate of what we have? I think it's Porzingis, WCS, and maybe Mario.