CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

DX had us taking Exum the whole time until the day of the draft. Than he changed it to Gordon

Nah they had Gordon at 5, we were picking 4.

They did however have us taking Oladipo at 2 for what that's worth.

You know anything about WCS bball IQ? I can't find a video or article that references his smarts.

Personality wise, he reminds me a lot of Tyson Chandler. Seems real free-flowing, easy going, wants to live life and be happy. As much as we can evaluate players' talents and skills they bring to the team, their mental make-up is just as important. I think WCS fits the other personalities on the team.

His skills also allow us to play very flexible. We can play big or small with the best of them.

tradional: Elf/Oladipo/Harris/WCS/Vuc

small: Elf/Oladipo/Gordon/Harris/WCS

need a 3: Fournier/Oladipo/Harris/Frye/Vuc

big: Fournier/Harkless/Gordon/WCS/Vuc

defense: Elf/Oladipo/Harkless/Gordon/WCS

Those lineups probably are no better on offense than we were last year. Maybe a better coach might help a bit, but I don't get the least bit excited about the prospect of watching any of those groups.

Nah they had Gordon at 5, we were picking 4.

They did however have us taking Oladipo at 2 for what that's worth.

I did some searching and you're right, dont know why I thought this

I think Chad Ford is a bit of a joke but at least he called this.

Those lineups probably are no better on offense than we were last year. Maybe a better coach might help a bit, but I don't get the least bit excited about the prospect of watching any of those groups.

Yes and no. I think the Magic's offense will be better just based on growth and experience. It will also be an actual fast paced offense which should help.

In terms of shooting, that will require improvement over the summer plus free agent signings.

I expect the Magic to sign a shooter at SF and a backup PG plus draft WCS if I had to guess today.

Yes and no. I think the Magic's offense will be better just based on growth and experience. It will also be an actual fast paced offense which should help.

In terms of shooting, that will require improvement over the summer plus free agent signings.

I expect the Magic to sign a shooter at SF and a backup PG plus draft WCS if I had to guess today.

Any thoughts on who you'd like the Magic to go after?

Nyce, I like the Chandler comp for WCS.

On another note, I find it interesting and exciting that Skiles wants to shoot the ball in the first third of the shot clock. Not sure where I read that but it'll be fun to watch. It also says more about our pick. Who runs the floor well? Hmmm...

Steve Kyler saying on Twitter if the Knicks keep their pick, WCS is their guy. That really makes thing interesting for us if that's the case. Some team could offer us a boatload for the 5th pick in that scenario.

That would be very interesting and if it happens I'd be very disappointed if we took Porzingis at 5 (I'll be disappointed if we take his skinny butt regardless). If NY takes WCS at 4 that means either Russell or Mudiay should still be on the board along with Mario.

If we do decide we want to take Porzingis then we should trade down our awesome pick so nobody can say that we wasted #5 on a guy that got injured either in summer league or early in the season and couldn't play all year. I like the dude's game, but he's just too skinny to be banging with grown men and doesn't look like he could grow into much more weight.

I have also seen recent mock drafts with WCS going as late as 9 or 10 and us taking Mario.

On another note, I find it interesting and exciting that Skiles wants to shoot the ball in the first third of the shot clock. Not sure where I read that but it'll be fun to watch. It also says more about our pick. Who runs the floor well? Hmmm...

Pretty much everyone available at 5 is great in transition.

Good point.

We definitely have the PG and the athletes to play fast, as we saw a little last season. The problem is defending. So to take your question further, who is a good player that can play fast and help us elevate our defense?