CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

WCS workout video today with the Hornets...about 2 1/2 minutes long but well worth the time.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/willie-cauley-stein-goes-through-solo-workout

After watching this I see what Calapari was talking about in terms of what he could do offensively in the NBA.

What do people think about a Joakim Noah comparison for WCS? Three years of college, limited offensively but great defensively. WCS is not the passer Noah is but I think aside from that they have a similar skill set. The major difference is probably that it's not clear if WCS has a passion for the game like Noah. But I'm thinking Noah may be his ceiling.

It's not dumb at all, in fact all that's being said is that NBA GMs value rim protectors more than wing shooters. They are just harder to find.

For the Magic's case, I agree, we have plenty of needs past rim protection, which is why I think Porz is the right choice if he is there at 5.

Obviously it goes on a team-to-team basis. If we had the luxury of only having one major weakness than of course I could see passing on the best player and taking a good player that fills a major need. In our case, no. Give me the BPA. Were talking about a team that hasn't won over 25 games in 3 years. We need good players, period.

Out tonight earlier for happy hour with some Amway connects. They tell me a rumor -

Porzingis is telling Philly not to draft him.

Okay I'm sorry but why on earth would Porz refuse to play for Philly, but want to player for Orlando? I'm not sure what the difference in salary is from the 3rd to 5th pick, probably not huge, but this isn't like Towns being upset he has to go to Minny instead of LA. Why would Porz not want to play in Philly? Just curious from a logistics stand point. Not like we have some rich winning history with a top 5 fan base and huge market. That's just strange to me.

Okay I'm sorry but why on earth would Porz refuse to play for Philly, but want to player for Orlando? I'm not sure what the difference in salary is from the 3rd to 5th pick, probably not huge, but this isn't like Towns being upset he has to go to Minny instead of LA. Why would Porz not want to play in Philly? Just curious from a logistics stand point. Not like we have some rich winning history with a top 5 fan base and huge market. That's just strange to me.

Maybe because they're a horrible franchise with no direction. No idea, but that's the reason I'd choose Orl over Phi.

Some of us enjoy hearing rumors that come from downtown, don't stop just because a few can't appreciate that some people know people who know people.

Working in the music industry we hear lots of inside stories and rumors, most of the time they are either true or become true later :D/>/>

He doesn't know people…whose opinions matter more than other members here any way.

Seems odd to me too. Maybe he likes Disney World.

He doesn't know people…whose opinions matter more than other members here any way.

If you are saying their opinion is not more important than anyone elses? Yeah i mean there is only one GM calling the shots. So, sure.

These are the same folks who let me break the hedo trade years ago. Yes i do know people who work for the magic and i know some prior players as well.

Rob apparently has been talking with Porzingis for a few years now and they get along really well. He wants to be here because he likes rob and the team has a way foreword. Im sure hed like to be in new york and LA too, but Philly has no direction yet.

Anyway lets see if any media report this rumor.

Porz is also apparently cool as hell. They say he has a stars charisma which is always nice for interviews and working in the community.

I think I also read from realgm by a Porzingis fan/follower that he wants to play in Orlando and really doesn't want Philly. Its interesting.

I never heard of Porzingis before this year and I read on here we promised him last year at #12? What?

Even though this seems to be just message board rumors, im starting to feel like this is our guy, talking to him for a 2nd day is telling too.

I really want Hezonja but at least Porzingis will be exciting prospect to watch develop.

I just really dont want Winslow